Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  145
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard if Mustangs @ Mosport is a go for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ..........................until a half shaft / hub let go.
    I remember that....me and the older fella with the 90's T-bird came up to the hair pin with the marshall waving the flags like a wild man. We parked up top on the shoulder till they helped clear up the mess. I think that's one of my worst fears on that track, as there are points where you might quickly come up on debris and/or another car with no where to go. Glad the only thing hurt there was the car....remember seeing you out helping sweep up the debris!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    My worst moment at Mosport came following a car down 2 . The driver decided it would be a good idea to get hard on the brakes mid-turn. I think I started breathing again at 5.
    YIKES!!

That's why it's so important to be aware of the location of the flagging stations, and the marshals within them, at this track especially! With so many blind entries to corners, you need them to tell you what's happening ahead or you can quickly find yourself on top of a situation that would go from bad to worse.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Received this from Ryan this morning:

Infinite Motorsports will be hosting the event for us this year. I have driven with the fine folks at Infinite Motorsports and I can attest to the extremely high event quality. This event will be held on July 1, 2019 along with in classroom instruction by Ross Bentley (of Speed Secrets fame!). Lunch will also be provided. The event will be open to all makes.

https://www.infinitemotorsports.ca/p...july-1st-2019/

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Received this from Ryan this morning:

Infinite Motorsports will be hosting the event for us this year. I have driven with the fine folks at Infinite Motorsports and I can attest to the extremely high event quality. This event will be held on July 1, 2019 along with in classroom instruction by Ross Bentley (of Speed Secrets fame!). Lunch will also be provided. The event will be open to all makes.

https://www.infinitemotorsports.ca/p...july-1st-2019/
    went to the website - "intermediate an advanced drivers only" sounds like it may count out many of us here
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Double the price may count out even more.
    Unfortunate, but more budget for lapping days at TMP.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Double the price may count out even more.
    Unfortunate, but more budget for lapping days at TMP.
    I would pay this price just for the knowledge and experience I'm considering the BMW school this summer just waiting to for dates for track days here and the PITL auto cross schedule - Don, are lapping days open to all, and is there some sort of guidance for guys to get started...?
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

The lapping days at TMP? Yes, open to all. There’s a rookie group that starts off with a parade lap, and there are tons of guys there that will gladly co-pilot and give you tips. Same guys are usually open to having someone ride shotgun on their sessions. It’s usually a very relaxed atmosphere with no pressure to push the car more than you are comfortable with.
    -Don____________

The lapping days at TMP? Yes, open to all. There’s a rookie group that starts off with a parade lap, and there are tons of guys there that will gladly co-pilot and give you tips. Same guys are usually open to having someone ride shotgun on their sessions. It’s usually a very relaxed atmosphere with no pressure to push the car more than you are comfortable with.
    What Don said. And to elaborate a little, we have also eliminated passing in the Rookie group. The reasoning was that it eliminated an often stressful manoeuvre for some the rookies, and allowed them to concentrate more on their driving. The feedback has been nothing but positive since that rule was implemented. We encouraged new drivers to do a drive through, if they were feeling pressured on the track or the pace was to quick. The drive through was just leaving the track at pit road to allow the back to go by, then joining in behind them.

thanks Don that's cool - you go often?
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd