Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  145
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard if Mustangs @ Mosport is a go for this year?

The owners at Mosport have poured a huge amount of money and time in there the last ten years to attract and keep some of the bigger pro race series events. So the upside is that the track and the facility is much much nicer than it ever used to be, but the flip side of course is that track rental costs for schools and lapping events has climbed considerably.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/product/pu...iving-sessions

- it's is less than 50$'s Canadian per lap roughly 13miles - in Canada everything is difficult - over the years I've tried to afford getting on a track and have many friends that will agree with me - aside from cost there are a lot of other ridiculous road blocks and hoops to go thru - just go to the CSCA and look at what it takes to get a membership in my opinion it's mostly BS - this is just the start of what I read online and then with a fork tongue say things like, "we want to be able to get everyone involved in racing to keep this great past time going". (membership is a word that relates to stuck up in my mind, also difficulties, hoops, leverage, and over regulation to keep it to a minimum). Even just getting to the track is a hassle if you own your own trailer and the leaches called the MTO are lurking to write fines. That's the BS Canadian way - we see it in other sports like golf and it's why are cell phones cost so much....If I had a race track a lot of BS would disappear!!!!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    It would be fun if we could get a group of TMCers to agree on a date and attend a school together.
    That’s a great idea!!
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    This is my big beef with racing - it's seems there's still people that want to keep it to the elite and keep the average guy out - it shouldn't be that way - especially when we are encouraged to keep it off the street - I see a big opportunity for race tracks and the need for them, especially the way commuter vehicles are going - if it is more affordable, more people would come, the more people come the need for more tracks will increase - if I had the cash to invest or new how to attract investors I would pursue a race track business. I can see it being a viable venture - but you get people with money in the way that are bent on making things difficult for the average....
    Racing has always been a rich persons sport. The saying is if you want to make a million dollars in racing, start with 2M. CTMP has been brought back to a world class track. Just think about how much property costs now a days!! Big bills to pay owning a track and you only get a chance to recoupe that money max 6-7 months a year. $650 a day is pricey though for just lapping when other groups charge less (talking about the mustang club).
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    This is what I’m after.
    There are other groups that do the big track for much cheaper than $650. It’s disappointing the mustang group isn’t doing it anymore. It was a fun event
    Who and where?

I am after pounding some empty track laps, I recall being passed by gt3 cars and not needing to lift to let them by. The last instructed event I was at was good but too much traffic, speed was lost for me.

6th Gear group does lots of events on the big track that are about $500 per day I believe, for experienced lappers.

https://6thgear.ca/events/

A group that I also do some coaching with is DriveTeq, they do school events with three groups, so the fast group is no coaches and definitely a speedy bunch with not much traffic

https://driveteq.ca/

With either of these, in the fast groups you will need to have your wits about you and very good awareness of the other cars on track
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    6th Gear group does lots of events on the big track that are about $500 per day I believe, for experienced lappers.

https://6thgear.ca/events/

A group that I also do some coaching with is DriveTeq, they do school events with three groups, so the fast group is no coaches and definitely a speedy bunch with not much traffic

https://driveteq.ca/

With either of these, in the fast groups you will need to have your wits about you and very good awareness of the other cars on track
    Thanks Ed. Looks like it's $575 for the day and another $500 if you want in car instruction. Also looks like you need some experience to go lapping with them....per the Event info.:

"This is an Advanced level track day and is of restricted access - all drivers must be able to demonstrate sufficient experience of a comparable nature to be allowed to attend. Participation will be confirmed by 6th Gear staff after registration (and before the event). All non-approved registrations will be fully refunded."

^^^LOL, basically, I think they are saying: don't drive like a jackass. 6th Gear staff will determine if you are a jackass.
    -Don____________

They will likely ask you what other groups / events you have run with, at what level, to get an idea of your competency. I know with DriveTeq, if they have someone new to them who claims to have lots of prior experience and wants to go in the advanced group, in the first session they will get sent out with a coach for a check ride to confirm.

Not sure how 6th Gear vets you before the event, they will explain if asked I'm guessing. I haven't done any events with them, but know people who have and they enjoyed the days.

In my case, I'd like to think my car would be in the way not the driver.......

Those track days look like they attract some silly fast cars
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.