Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  145
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard if Mustangs @ Mosport is a go for this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Personally. I like the stricter rules and system. It limits risk for all those involved.. Drivers wrecking and getting a session red flagged for the clean up. Upsetting many and possible serious injuring themselves is a high and present danger. Just because we can afford to drive a fast car does not mean we can control it at speed. Our driving skills and ability should be scrutinized.

Track days are not for the light hearted or thinned wallet. Not everyone can just build and maintain a track like Mosport.

Experience does make a driver better, Doing training days are great. but “Lapping days” are about the fun of up at speed in a safe controlled environment.
    The good thing about the other events is you can run what you brung, not just Ford powered
    Agreed...Mosport GP is not a track to be run without caution for the un-initiated and even those with lots of experience. TMP....you can go off track at most points without serious consequences (to car and person), but @ Mosport, it could cost you big time. The Mustangs @ Mosport format was good; 3 groups of various experience levels and an instructor ride a long for those new to the track/lapping. For me personally, my wanting to preserve my car helped me greatly

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Agreed...Mosport GP is not a track to be run without caution for the un-initiated and even those with lots of experience. TMP....you can go off track at most points without serious consequences (to car and person), but @ Mosport, it could cost you big time. The Mustangs @ Mosport format was good; 3 groups of various experience levels and an instructor ride a long for those new to the track/lapping. For me personally, my wanting to preserve my car helped me greatly
    I loved and hated this event LOL
    The pure joy /excitement it brought to me and some of my tag alongs.... no words can describe it. I would have NEVER have ventured onto the Mosport without the GHMA and its organizers. Thank You GHMA.
    I only wish there was more and I started going sooner.
    I hated it because it was a drug. Iam now addicted and thin/empty walletted because of it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I loved and hated this event LOL
    The pure joy /excitement it brought to me and some of my tag alongs.... no words can describe it. I would have NEVER have ventured onto the Mosport without the GHMA and its organizers. Thank You GHMA.
    I only wish there was more and I started going sooner.
    I hated it because it was a drug. Iam now addicted and thin/empty walletted because of it LOL
    Same experience for me. Was a total adrenaline rush and a real learning experience. I was somewhat spoiled driving my 12 Boss 302 as it was really built to help get the most out of a track experience. I too wish I'd been able to get involved much earlier, but will fondly remember the 3 yrs. I got to go.

And no question it can get expensive....real fast. Haha!

that was the most polite, well written rant EVER.
    -Don____________

No amount of money ever would get me in the passenger seat of a car with a driver I don't know and drive around CTMP in their crazy fast car in the rain. Instructors earn their money for sure.
    To me its all driver attitude. Don't take it personally that your put in the "slow" group. We all started there and at CTMP I'm more than happy in the slow group. Just because your car is fast, doesn't mean you are.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    ...Just because your car is fast, doesn't mean you are.
    This, and check your ego at the gate.

The Trillium Club events are open to all makes vehicles, they are always looking for and welcoming new students.

if you've never been on track yet, come on out to the DaSilva day at TMP this spring with your 2018. It's a very informal day ... you'll meet a bunch of great people, have an absolute blast in a safe environment, and even better maybe learn a bit more about driving that day too. Rick, Ross, and Stephen do a great job running these events for Joe. Experienced attendees are happy to jump in with you to give a few tips, or offer a ride-around in their cars too.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    The Trillium Club events are open to all makes vehicles, they are always looking for and welcoming new students.

if you've never been on track yet, come on out to the DaSilva day at TMP this spring with your 2018. It's a very informal day ... you'll meet a bunch of great people, have an absolute blast in a safe environment, and even better maybe learn a bit more about driving that day too. Rick, Ross, and Stephen do a great job running these events for Joe. Experienced attendees are happy to jump in with you to give a few tips, or offer a ride-around in their cars too.

cheers
    Ed
    Thanks Ed - just being a joker about the BMW comment lol - My beef kinda went of course (probably my choice of wording and emotions) - I just think there's a huge potential if one owned a track with plenty of land around it to open up new opportunities - my vision far outreaches my wallet and current trends - now that I'm older, and they say life slows down when your older...lol (probably was a young guy that said that!) I'm going to make more effort to try and understand and get more involved in the race community as well as be involved on the track.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Thanks Ed - just being a joker about the BMW comment lol - My beef kinda went of course (probably my choice of wording and emotions) - I just think there's a huge potential if one owned a track with plenty of land around it to open up new opportunities - my vision far outreaches my wallet and current trends - now that I'm older, and they say life slows down when your older...lol (probably was a young guy that said that!) I'm going to make more effort to try and understand and get more involved in the race community as well as be involved on the track.
    I know that you're thinking out loud and just expressing some frustration more than anything, I was busting your balls a bit while trying to make a point. Until you've actually come out to the track and experienced it, try to not make assumptions based on things that you have heard or read which may or may not be valid.

Reading the thread I agree with everything said by the experienced drivers. I think everyone should remember no matter how much experience and skill you have shit happens.
    These pictures are of a Nissan GTR, with a VERY experienced driver and instructor. He is well respected in Z car circles. At Road Atlanta, in October, he made a rookie mistake and took out his car...in the 5th corner. Cold tires are not very forgiving.

January 14, 2019 update....He messaged me and they wrote the car off. He was covered by track insurance.

IMG_0953.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    Last edited by Mellow Yellow; 02-15-2019 at 08:49 AM.