I don't have a ton of time anymore to get into extra curricular activities and climate change offers millions of pages of "research", opinions, alarmists claims, denials, etc... So much material that it seems almost inconclusive. To me this seems either too complex due to possible lack of consistent data or it's blanketed with so much noise that makes it insurmountable for anyone who is interested in scientific methods to come to a conclusion.

Deniers:

History tends to repeat and we all know how evil big corporations are so there's no doubt heavy polluting industries are involved with spreading of false information (Look at 3M and DuPont with their Teflon chemicals that are probably in your blood stream right now C8 I think is one of them). There's a technical "business term" for making tax payers pay for costs. It's called "cost externalizing". I'm 100% certain there are discussions in board rooms along the lines of "how do we continue to pollute and make society pay the price while we profit"... They want coal and oil to be the main sources of energy - even if every HOUR the planet is bombarded with enough energy to power the WORLD for a YEAR! 430 quintillion (18 zeros) joules of energy from the sun hits us! They're also the same type of people who profit from things like a lack of cure for the common cold.

Alarmists:

I also believe there's a global force (Tin foil hat moment) that wants to destroy capitalism and the modern western world we live in. The UN has been akin to the homeless guy screaming "the end is near" on street corners. I believe since the 70's the UN has claimed that global climate is going to end human life as we know it... According to them, we should have been extinct about 4 times by now. The latest being 2030 now. With people like Guy Mcpherson claiming the world is going to end in exactly 10 years. He compared the situation to be as dire as if the planet stepped out of it's known orbit. You know taking us out of the "goldilock" zone, kind of like Mars or Mercury... 10 years is a short amount of time, you'd think if there was cold hard proof about this we'd be living with world-wide riots, looting and marshal law.

I find it odd that governments, claiming to be progressive and pro-environment, create things like carbon taxes but exempt the biggest polluters in the country, they only target the most dangerous class to their plans right now (middle class). Meanwhile there are so many small things that can be done to dramatically reduce pollution and no one is doing it... When we know a single cruise ship is polluting as much as a million cars and a lawn-mower pollutes as much as 40 cars. There's over 300 cruise ships worldwide, do the math. They pollute as much as 30% of the total sum of cars on the planet!

What I'm eluding to is we can stop much more pollution by doing small low-impact things versus increasing energy costs by extreme taxation. Don't get me wrong, I'm for the concept of a carbon tax but not in the manner it's being presented currently.

The Truth:

I'm positive the actual truth is somewhere in the middle of both extremes. The planet is not about to die or kill us all but we will suffer from all the chemicals corporations are producing due to our consumption of goods/energy and the climate is changing (as it has since well before humans even existed) but it won't be a global extinction level event and it is being used to further the propaganda. It's easy to prove that no organization is really looking out for the climate and humanity, all sides have something to gain from polluting or destroying nations economies from within.

Anyway my money is on "nothing will really change in 10 years".

- Did you know a modern car with working emissions barely produces more fine particulate pollution than 30 cigarettes do!!! Diesel engines are the worst polluting combustion engines though. This is real pollution for local health. Not to be confused with CO2 (or CO2-e) which is not a pollutant but is a greenhouse gas.

- Thousands of new species being discovered each year, pretty much an equivalent to the news of "species dying off each year due to man-made climate change".