Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tv Audio advice

Tv Audio advice

My Dad bought a Samsung NU6900 55" tv just before Christmas.
    He replaced a rear projection unit that had nice 6" inch stereo speakers, the new unit has tiny speakers and with his hearing loss is having to crank it up so everyone in the house hears it.

It doesn't have blue tooth, as I was hoping to just get a Bluetooth receiver and speakers so he could put the speakers behind his lazy booth and listen this way.
    It has optical Toslink Audio outputs, and looked at using a convertor box to 2 RCA outputs, and connecting an amplifier to speakers this way.
    Anyone have this setup? I was also looking at running a 25 foot optical cable across the room to the convertor box to reduce speaker cable etc.

Thanks

Rick

Does Samsung have a sound bar option? My LG will connect wirelessly to the LG sound bars and the volume then word with the volume button on the tv remote. Making it supper easy to hook up and run the volume. Maybe Samsung has similar option?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Does Samsung have a sound bar option? My LG will connect wirelessly to the LG sound bars and the volume then word with the volume button on the tv remote. Making it supper easy to hook up and run the volume. Maybe Samsung has similar option?
    They do but it uses the optical output, and it sits under the TV. Only marginally better sound as it has a wireless subwoofer.

The audio adaptors I am looking at are similar and go to a receiver, just difficult to find anyone with real experience using them. Probably going to have to place the order on Amazon and see if they work