Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Tips on Installing Rear Lowering Springs on 08 GT500

Support the car on stands on the pinch welds and only use a jack to move the rear end up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Support the car on stands on the pinch welds and only use a jack to move the rear end up and down.
    Yep, that's the plan.....though I still don't like the idea of even briefly supporting it by the Diff. I believe Ford owners manual says not to lift or support the car by it's Diff as well, but I know lots do it anyways without any apparent ill effect.

DinoZ
    Man I wish I was feeling better as I would take a run out your way with a set of spring compressors I have and help out, part of my idea of having drive by tech sessions.

Unfortunately this hip replacement has kept me somewhat limited or house prison for now.

And living in Oakville is a hike out your way.

So that you know, I bought a set of spring compressors from Princess auto when I did my springs, inexpensive, $30-$40 and work well.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoZ View Post
    Man I wish I was feeling better as I would take a run out your way with a set of spring compressors I have and help out, part of my idea of having drive by tech sessions.

Unfortunately this hip replacement has kept me somewhat limited or house prison for now.

So that you know, I bought a set of spring compressors from Princess auto when I did my springs, inexpensive, $30-$40 and work well.
    Thanks DinoZ!! I'll probably hit up Princess Auto or just rent for free from Crappy tire/parts source.

Hope that hip is better soon. From everyone I've spoken to about having their hip replaced, they've all said it was the best thing they ever decided to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoZ View Post

Getting my hip done was assume. Absolutely no pain ever since. Must be coming up five years now. I started my "slow but steady air lift performance suspension install" one month after surgery. Did what I could from rolling around on a chair. Was not able to get up and down on the garage floor for I think it was three months based on the Surgeons orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Thanks DinoZ!! I'll probably hit up Princess Auto or just rent for free from Crappy tire/parts source.

Hope that hip is better soon. From everyone I've spoken to about having their hip replaced, they've all said it was the best thing they ever decided to do.
    PA is where I got my Strut Spring Compressor, they come on sale frequently.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

DinoZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Getting my hip done was assume. Absolutely no pain ever since. Must be coming up five years now. I started my "slow but steady air lift performance suspension install" one month after surgery. Did what I could from rolling around on a chair. Was not able to get up and down on the garage floor for I think it was three months based on the Surgeons orders.

PA is where I got my Strut Spring Compressor, they come on sale frequently.
    The first 2 weeks were hell, into my 3 rd week a lot better but man I’m frustrated and I know it takes time, Percocets help a great deal. I just want to get back to normal man , luckily and I keep reminding myself, it’s still winter and have the whole summer to look forward to a new body. Thing is, i was at the gym everyday before this and always kept a good weight size, I’m put off having to start all over again.

It is what it is.

GHIG