Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ceramic Coating

Hey FABMAN, How's it going?

My car is ceramic coated, and sometimes it sits in the garage for a few days, and it picks up dust, and sometime it might have some spots, or smudges or fingerprints, etc... But I don't have the energy, or the motivation to give it a full, complete wash. So I'm wondering what the best way or products are best to clean the dust and smudges without washing. In the post you posted you mentioned a waterless wash?

Replied to your PM Shadow!

Hey guys; I've been thinking. I just had my car CC'd and I thought that CC was hard enough to protect against light scratching and swirls.
    That was the main reason I got it!
    However; people are telling me that I still shouldn't dust my car, even with a soft duster because it will scratch. Also that I have to be careful when washing, always use a two-bucket system, and only use a high-quality microfiber wash mitt, and high-quality microfiber
    towels to dry.
    I feel like I wasted my money with the CC.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hey guys; I've been thinking. I just had my car CC'd and I thought that CC was hard enough to protect against light scratching and swirls.
    That was the main reason I got it!
    However; people are telling me that I still shouldn't dust my car, even with a soft duster because it will scratch. Also that I have to be careful when washing, always use a two-bucket system, and only use a high-quality microfiber wash mitt, and high-quality microfiber
    towels to dry.
    I feel like I wasted my money with the CC.
    You don’t have to use a two bucket method. Foam cannon the car and rinse off the mitt in a bucket of soapy water or spray with a pressure washer before you go back to wipe another area of the car. Use a leaf blower instead a drying cloth or wash the car in the evening with less sunlight. Also using water that passes through a filter helps. My pressure washer has a filter so the water comes out cleaner. The hydrophobic properties of the CC will repel the dirt and dust easier when washing.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hey FABMAN, How's it going?

My car is ceramic coated, and sometimes it sits in the garage for a few days, and it picks up dust, and sometime it might have some spots, or smudges or fingerprints, etc... But I don't have the energy, or the motivation to give it a full, complete wash. So I'm wondering what the best way or products are best to clean the dust and smudges without washing. In the post you posted you mentioned a waterless wash?
    I generally use 3D products waterless wash with a thicker pile microfiber and then follow up with 3D products final touch (spray detailer) with a lower pile micro fiber towel.

Here are the links to the 3D products below:
    Waterless wash
    Final touch spray detailer
    FABMAN

Looking to ceramic coat a set of new wheels. What does everyone recommend?

Gyeon Q2 Rim and GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour are great Ceramic Coatings designed specifically for wheels.