Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  22

Thread: 2024 Ford Mustang DH gets critiqued for its fit and finish by Chicago Auto Pros.

2024 Ford Mustang DH gets critiqued for its fit and finish by Chicago Auto Pros.

I am shocked by the paint quality.

The DH is getting TORCHED on social media for fit/ finish and performance over cost. It's 99 Cobra all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Honestly, Ford paint quality and body panel gaps have been terrible for a long time. At current price levels, it is simply unacceptable.
    FABMAN

its a drift car —comes equipt with the e brake
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

So I finally got to see a 2024 Darkhorse in person, and I can firmly tell you that it was very underwhelming. It had some nice elements but overall I am still very much on team S550.

IMO, the new car has really lost much of its character and charm. It just doesn’t speak to me at this point. Would much rather buy a 19-20 GT PP2 or S550 Mach 1 for less money.
    FABMAN

Saw a Darkhorse in person the other day at a dealership and spent a good chunk of time walking around it. Sales guy had no clue about the car of course. It's the first '24 Mustang I've seen that I've liked the look of (other than the rear lower bumper, which is awful)....previous ones I have very much disliked. That said, the sticker on it was $93k...which puts it about $20k overpriced in my head given it's direct rival is the Camaro SS 1LE....but Ford wants ZL1 money for it. iPads on the dash don't look as bad as they do in pictures/reviews. They are still terrible, just not as terrible as I thought they would be. I've been looking to get back into the Pony car game....looking less and less like a new Mustang will be in my driveway anytime soon though.

FWIW - The fact that Ford just came out with a new Mustang and they are sitting around unsold speaks volumes about the product and price point....
    '15 Focus ST
    '18 Edge Sport

^ Problem is, has no current competition with Camaro n Chrysler offerings gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ^ Problem is, has no current competition with Camaro n Chrysler offerings gone.
    For sure. For me, a used Camaro (possibly Mustang) is the most likely outcome unless we see some big discounts on new Mustangs, or an emergency refresh.
    '15 Focus ST
    '18 Edge Sport

^ Depending on your intended use, Camaro might be the better choice not to say the S550 isn't a really nice n comfy driver.