Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Coating

I picked it up at the car show ! there is a Supplier in Burlington ! I'll post his info !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

My Mustang and X5 are both ceramic coated. I generally use 3D products detailing sprays and waterless wash. No streaks and seems to work well.

May try some of that poor boys spray and wipe as it sounds impressive.
    FABMAN

3D products group ( Burlington site) sells Feynlab products as well and they have an excellent detailer spray just for ceramic coatings.

Another good detail spray for ceramics is Gtechniq, which is the ceramic brand on my car. It is available at Bad Dog and E-Shine. I just ordered some.
    Last edited by Mustang4; 06-12-2019 at 10:02 PM.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Hey Mootang!
    Long time man, what is your vehicle Ceramic Coated with currently? And which car are we talking about?

ELTON ! LOL, been a while bro, C-S 11 , & it's on this Attachment 17277

Quote Originally Posted by MINT2000 View Post
    ELTON ! LOL, been a while bro, C-S 11 , & it's on this Attachment 17277
    Sure has man, been keeping busy doing the detailing thing now. I see you changed rides up a bit too.
    Glad you went with a Ceramic Coating. This is pretty much all I do now in terms of work.

The Adams stuff is alright. Fairly newly released BeadMaker is good too, seems to attract a bit of dust though.

Check with your installer and see if there's a TopCoat option or something. Nothing should really be sticking to the coating and if it does stick, should just come right off.
    Hell, I've had wet, heavy concrete bake-dry on the side of my Explorer for about a week (I left it there for kicks) and it washed right off.

On all of my vehicles I don't use any detailers, top ups or anything.
    Wash > Leaf Blower > Wipe down remaining water and go for a drive.

This is the result of a 20 minute wash and a 2 hour drive. Don't mind the wheels, still rocking my track pads that absolutely cake the wheels

Thanks Elton, I haven't washed the black car since I owned it, over a year now, but I really don't know when it was washed, I know Tim used to just detail it, & I have done the same , while nothing sticks to it,I still get bird shit , tree sap etc , and while getting it off it smears ! hence a need for some kind of detailer etc, the Adams Boost seems to be working ! & Thanks for the info, see u at one off the shows , G>

IMO a ceramic coating is worth it! Do I use it on my ride....NO. I use a great quality wax. Additionally, my ride is a garage queen. I COAT my friends car and a couple of others. The reason why is a coating can handle the environment and exterior elements better than any other product. That is of course, my opinion. My friend converted his garage into a storage/work area space and he really doesn't maintaining his ride. SAD but there are people like that. The coating will last longer and will handle the elements better. Additionally, if you prepped the ride correctly it will look ALMOST as good as a great carnauba wax (my opinion again).

was thinking about getting the new truck done. keep that black beauty looking show room pretty. my local guy that does all my work stuff told me don't do it.

he said it look great but tree sap and break dust will effect it and the only way to fix that would be to remove the coating and re apply. he also said its hard on the paint as it dosnt allow it to breath.

opinions? is it something best used for part time drivers?