Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What's going on in the fox market place?

stangstevers

What's going on in the fox market place?

A friend of mine was looking into foxes again... I remember back in the day 5 grand got you a pretty decent starter project. And back in the day isn't 1997 either.

5 grand gets you a pile of junk, literally. It looks like if you find a decent fox for 10 grand - you are a lucky SOB. I think realistically you need to start with a 15k budget and do your "kijiji" search for foxes between 10 and 20 thousand to ignore the $4,000 shit boxes that need 15 grand in re-work to make it passable.

Even clean 4 bangers are getting up there. My first super clean, no rust original paint, low mile 4 banger fox cost me $300... Today I see people asking near 4 grand for a 4 banger notch.

I'm not surprised, it's not because of BJ auctions either. Supply & Demand is playing a key role here. How many 20,000km original foxes are there in the GTA and even in North America? That supply is drained, now the clean/moderate foxes with around 100,000km are dwindling in supply.
    Last edited by stangstevers; 03-02-2019 at 07:59 AM.

The 80's are coming into vogue with cars and motorcycles - BJ has a bit to do with it but its a generation thing as well - kids today don't care too much for my old man generation of collectors and understand tuning and offshore cars - I think the prices are all over the place and you really need to understand what your looking at, although I grew up driving late '60 and '70's cars I'm very passionate about the eighties cars. I'm also into bike and the 80's crotch rockets are starting to pick up steam and getting a lot of attention especially 2 strokes...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works