Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 390 FE parts

390 FE parts

might be a bit before im ready for the motor stuff but figure ill get some feelers out there

be looking for aftermarket, intake, Distributer, headers, carb, cam, and possibly heads for a 390 with fit a thunderbird.

not looking for race car stuff just an improvment over stock

There's a guy in Pefferlaw who is big into FE engines. I think his name is Don Palmer. I went to his shop once but I don't have contact info.

found this number on the web

(705) 437-1730

That's him, he's definitely the FE guru for this area and may have some good used stuff available.

For the T-Bird you have to be careful of which intake manifold you choose, because of hood height and carb pad angle. In almost all other applications, the FE engines used intakes with an angled carb pad to sit the carb level (to account for the angle of the engine installation), and most aftermarket intakes are made that way too. In the Birds, the engine installation was almost level so the carb pad on the intake for those cars is flat.

I have some neat old finned cast aluminium valve covers for an FE that never made it on to my 66 before it got sold. If you're interested I can dig them out and text some pics. Also have a round air cleaner that has some fins down the centre of it to match the motif.

cheers
    Ed

84 Mustang SVO
    95 Jaguar XJR

For Parkway Ford inquiries, please message through the dealership user profile:
    http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...rd-Lincoln-SVT

thanks for the info I'll be sure to get in touch with him.

if you get a chance to snap some picks of the valve covers and air cleaner let me know. ill have a look at them

If you need a spare complete stock 390 engine, my buddy is looking to sell one of his. From what he told me its a 1975 truck motor. Been sitting under a shop bench for a number of years, needs to go soon as he is moving.

thanks, ill keep it in mind but hopping I don't need a spare. lol

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    That's him, he's definitely the FE guru for this area and may have some good used stuff available.

For the T-Bird you have to be careful of which intake manifold you choose, because of hood height and carb pad angle. In almost all other applications, the FE engines used intakes with an angled carb pad to sit the carb level (to account for the angle of the engine installation), and most aftermarket intakes are made that way too. In the Birds, the engine installation was almost level so the carb pad on the intake for those cars is flat.

I have some neat old finned cast aluminium valve covers for an FE that never made it on to my 66 before it got sold. If you're interested I can dig them out and text some pics. Also have a round air cleaner that has some fins down the centre of it to match the motif.

cheers
    Ed
    Those sound like cool parts wish i had a 390 for a rat rod
    2018 s550 Coyote
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works