Hey all,

I had what I think is a reasonably decent system installed when I bought my Mustang. I am not an audiophile and honestly my brain just shuts off when it comes to amperes, ohms, watts and the like. I really need a dumbed down explanation to learn this and I am sure it isn't all that complicated but I know, accept and own my limitations.

I am also reasonably happy with the equipment but think there is something not quite right. At higher volume - about 3/4, the sound is distorted and not so great. Hoping someone with the needed skill set can help me out a bit - explain it to me like a 3 year old. My gut tells me the amplifier is underpowered and I could have better.

I have a Pioneer AVIC-X950BH head unit. Specs here. This is mated with a Kicker amplifier model CX300.1. Specs below. Running through 4 Pioneer TSA6885R speakers - specs also below. I also have a subwoofer but do not have any detailed information on it. I think it is a 12" sub 600W if I recall correctly.

If someone wants to give me the 'Car audio for dummies tutorial' I would be happy to have it.

Cheers
JZ67