Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little audio help, por favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    It sounds to me like you have all the right stuff, just need to tune it.

Make sure you have the cross-overs turned on to cut the bass out of the 4 5X8 speakers and cut the highs from the subwoofer.

The other issue that no one ever addresses is the power wiring to the headunit. The factory power wiring is usually only 18 or 20 awg.
    When you turn up the volume, the voltage at the headunit drops and you get distortion.
    Run a 12 awg or bigger wire to power your headunit right back to the battery with a fuse in-line.
    I have NEVER thought of this!!!!! I am going to be cleaning up and rewiring my head unit, I may look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    It sounds to me like you have all the right stuff, just need to tune it.

Make sure you have the cross-overs turned on to cut the bass out of the 4 5X8 speakers and cut the highs from the subwoofer.

The other issue that no one ever addresses is the power wiring to the headunit. The factory power wiring is usually only 18 or 20 awg.
    When you turn up the volume, the voltage at the headunit drops and you get distortion.
    Run a 12 awg or bigger wire to power your headunit right back to the battery with a fuse in-line.
    Thanks for your input. Once I pull the car out of storage, i will see if i can do what you are suggesting. I did not install the unit but there is a heavy gauge fused wire running to the battery. Not sure if that powers the head unit or the amp or both.