Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classroom cell phone ban coming.

I haven't read any details about the ban. Maybe it will require leaving cell phones on the teacher's desk?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by StratGT View Post
    Can't control a few kids...then ban everything!! My son relies on his cell phone for his work schedule and a ride to work. He often gets messages from the store manager that he's working after school. Now he has to go home to see if he is working, and by the time he reads that message it's too late.

I have 3 teachers in my family who tell me the kids leave their cell phones on the teachers desk as they walk into class, then pick it up after class is over...problem solved. It's typical in Ontario where a few bad apples get the rules changed for everyone.
    "It would prohibit cellphone use during instructional time"

Store phone in locker, check between classes.
    The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.

Leonardo da Vinci

StratGT
    Of course your not supposed to have your cell phone on during class...that's a respect issue.

In Ontario...we all know that one rule leads to many more rules coming. In two years the new rule will be no checking messages in the hallways.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Store phone in locker, check between classes.
    that makes far too much sense
    -Don____________

I'll believe it when I see it (or when my kid tells me it's being enforced). However, many of the teachers put their class notes online, and use an "app" for lack of a better word, to communicate class schedules, projects and test dates to the students. Also, my daughter often takes photos of the notes on the board when she hasn't had time to complete copying them.

Had no idea they were allowed...
    '88 LX

^^^exactly.
    It’s another “feel good piece of legislation” that doesn’t cost the government anything. Like “buck-a-beer”.
    -Don____________

tough love at my house won't even get them phones - it's a society crutch - we ran business's in the '80's and '90's without mobile phones - I remember when pagers came out it would beep and everyone scrambled for a pay phone like the world was ending. I run a business now and half the time have no idea where my phone is - get more scammer calls then anything - business today take advantage of personal cell phones and time...when i was a kid working the manager made a thing called a schedule for up to a week sometimes two. nobody called, texted, or emailed and things got done in an organized fashion that didn't impose on free time or my wallet... the high commander caved tho and gets them phones out of peer pressure...lol I maintain tough love
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Different era I suppose, but when I was in school the teacher WAS the law.
    -Don____________

Sadly Don, that ship has long since sailed.
    Also lived in the time where a note home or phone call from the teacher about a problem with my attitude was promptly dealt with at home.