Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classroom cell phone ban coming.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Classroom cell phone ban coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Sadly Don, that ship has long since sailed.
    Also lived in the time where a note home or phone call from the teacher about a problem with my attitude was promptly dealt with at home.
    Yup remember that very well - I still don’t step out of line and I have my own home, wife, and kids lol when pops is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Since it's up to the board, school and individual teacher to enforce does it change anything? Of course not. Some teachers will be no tolerance, most will use phones sparingly for certain purposes (my wife let's her students use theirs as a calculator or camera at times but that is about it) and some won't care.

stangstevers
    I got kicked out of class once for starting to play my guitar lol I have no idea how bad I'd be with a phone. But adults aren't much better. The number of jerks playing with their phones in meetings is astounding

pwrab
    My kid is now 20. A few yrs ago, i told the principal that they had permission to have the phone that I PAY FOR placed at t(e front of the class during lessons......
    They’re too distracted. Sorry school is not meant to be the backdrop for their social media......

I have to say technology is a wonderful thing although I don't find much use for it myself - the biggest problem with today's society (I think) is people no longer or have respect for others and I think technologies and the lack of teaching respect is part (respect being the bigger factor) of the issue. The lack of respect is widely noticeable in everyday life - from driving - shopping too even listen in my people no longer have respect for each other. The other day while waiting for my wife I was online with my phone and when my wife showed up I immediately put my phone and never went to it again. The core value of my upbringing was base con respect - much of how society is today has eroded respect - the phones and computers are wonderful but all the respect is gone.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works