Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classroom cell phone ban coming.

Cool Classroom cell phone ban coming.

TORONTO - The Canadian Press has learned that Ontario is set to announce this week that cellphones will be banned in classrooms, starting in the next school year.
    Some schools already have similar policies, but the province will issue a directive to all public schools for the 2019-20 school year.
    It would prohibit cellphone use during instructional time.

PHOTOS

Enforcement of the ban would be up to individual boards and schools.
    The Progressive Conservatives had proposed such a ban in their platform during last year's election campaign.
    Government sources who were not authorized to speak publicly ahead of the announcement say exceptions would be made for when teachers want to use cellphones as part of their lesson, for medical reasons and students with special needs.
    “When the school day starts, the phones go off,” one senior government source said. “It's about recognizing that a school is a learning environment.”
    The Tory government conducted education consultations last year, and while input on the sex-education curriculum dominated headlines, feedback was also gathered on a potential classroom cellphone ban.
    About 97 per cent of respondents favoured some sort of restriction on phones in class, the sources said.
    “It was the closest thing we got in our consultation to unanimity,” one source said.

Kind of surprised this hasn't happened before now.
    ~Scott B

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    Kind of surprised this hasn't happened before now.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Me to.

Good.

-Don____________

bout time!

Yes. It’s about time.

55 HD
    What did I miss. I didn't see any mention of exam room? I would never have a passing grade without my friends. lol

StratGT
    Can't control a few kids...then ban everything!! My son relies on his cell phone for his work schedule and a ride to work. He often gets messages from the store manager that he's working after school. Now he has to go home to see if he is working, and by the time he reads that message it's too late.

I have 3 teachers in my family who tell me the kids leave their cell phones on the teachers desk as they walk into class, then pick it up after class is over...problem solved. It's typical in Ontario where a few bad apples get the rules changed for everyone.