Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Whats it worth, Non car related

Whats it worth, Non car related

wanted to gather up some extra cash for the car fund, so I can maybe splurge on heads and get some cash set aside fore final paint.

was talking with the wife and my dad he is starting a house addition so said I can probably set up some of my wood working stuff in his shop. I have about 800 board feet of black walnut dried and ready for something.

was thinking that Vanity or small counter accent tops would be a nice easy money maker. i've made a few for us and the store but never any to sell. looking for ideas as to what they might be worth.

This is the one I made fore my wife, in our upstairs bathroom
    IMG_2076.jpg

with the sink installed
    IMG_3029.jpg

on of the counter tops at work
    IMG_2090 (1).jpg

I payed a really good price for the wood only about $3 a board foot, instead of the $12 retail price for it, so material wise wont be that deep into them, just cut, glue and sand time

Probably a few hundred dollars, depending on demand in your area and overall quality. More if you go butcher block/endgrain as that seems to be the style trend. Even more if you package it with premade base as a ready to go vanity option.

Other option would be smaller items like cutting boards or signs, easier to ship something like that so expands your sales area.

Figure your materials cost with glue, shop supplies, energy cost, then put a time value on your labour and then determine what it's worth to you to justify doing this in your free time and you'll find a price pretty quick I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate