Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  35
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alignment problems on S55o Mustangs

^ Had forgotten about them, excellent reviews from several club members.

DinoZ
    So, good handling = a) Positive Caster, B) Negative camber, C) Toe out.

I say this as I’m preparing to get an alignment this month with Scott, and want to use all available adjustments that all aftermarket parts installed will handle.

P.S. Great day for a run today, top down , heater on, windows up, sun in your face, must be what heaven is like.

If that was a question, then the answer is B

Positive caster will provide better stability and tracking at high speeds, but more steering effort at low speeds.
    Negative camber will provide better cornering but will increase inside tire wear
    Toe out can vary the handling slightly depending on other factors, but generally you want some toe-in on rwd cars, and some toe-out of fwd cars.

DinoZ
    Thanks for response Pony, so I’m good with 2 of 3 as I’m looking for increased steering effort and should be asking for toe in.

I always thought toe out gave better cornering stability, good to know

And I have to say, I’m truly partial to the 5th generation which is why I bought one , it feels like a not so new but new enough but just looks like a classic already.
    Last edited by DinoZ; 03-29-2019 at 08:37 PM.

DinoZ
    I visited Scott at Can Alignment yesterday, great fellow. Gets to the job of set up quickly. Because of inclement weather it was difficult to feel the effects but regardless felt good after he set up the car and I’m sure I’ll be pleased.

Original settings were way off to my what I wanted. All I said to Scott was what am I looking for,he simply said you want to have fun on the road with the components I had installed without too much tire wear.

I’m sure I’ll be pleased.

Cost was no more than a regular alignment on a family sedan.

Thanks ZR for recommending him.

He really does know his stuff, can't wait for your feedback once the roads get better.

DinoZ
    Ok, didn’t gun the runs especially on the on /off ramps as tires are not the best for these temps , but I honestly have one word for Scott’s alignment tuning, woa!

I’ve owned the car for 2 years and focused on bolt on parts on the underside with the knowledge from this superb information board and it’s members and am totally content. I beleive the latest BMR FCA replacements really helped.

I now find the steering more weighted and eager to run flat when tossing into corners.

I know I can go nuts and spend more but for now and on the street this is one happy mustang owner.

Echo your words, thought my set up was good until he showed me what it was really capable of.

DinoZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Echo your words, thought my set up was good until he showed me what it was really capable of.
    Did I mention how much I like my car, looking forward to a future meet up, maybe I’ll cave and have “1” wing one night with the crew