Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 or 2015+ GT?

2013-2014 or 2015+ GT?

Looking to get back into a Mustang. I really like the look of the 2011-2014 cars vs the generic look of the 2015+. However I have read that the 2015+ is a superior car in every way (other than looks). The funny part is the used car values between the generations seem almost the same. What should I be looking to spend for a 2012-2014 5.0 GT 6speed hard top with under 100k? What about a 2015-2016 with similar specs?

Looking for a 5.0 GT 6-speed hard top car. I live in the NYC now but I am looking at possibly buying one in the greater toronto area because of the exchange rate. Alternatively looking to buy one in Texas / Florida or other southern states.

Thoughts?

Attached Images Attached Images
    2022 Camaro 1LE M6
    Formerly: 2011 Mustang GT M6, 2015 Dodge Challenger 392 M6, 1999 Camaro SS M6, 2000 Mustang GT 5MT

Seen some decent US pricing on FB groups 11 well modded 13k USD
    Not sure what your budget is , I like the 15+

This is a question no one can answer for you as it is completely based on preference. Drive both and buy whichever one makes you smile most.
    FABMAN

It’s all about what makes you smile the most for sure. Is it going to be a weekend warrior only or a daily driver? Any track time or quarter mile runs? Those questions will come up for sure and it helps you make up your mind easier.

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    This is a question no one can answer for you as it is completely based on preference. Drive both and buy whichever one makes you smile most.
    This ... drive both. The 15+ is a much nicer to drive package, but if you prefer the looks of the previous gen and are good with the way it drives, there you go.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I just test drove an 18 PP with recaros this week. I was really impressed. I thought I would maybe miss the power being compared to my Shelby, but I didn’t. I REALLY liked it to the point of I probably shouldn’t have driven it. It is much more suited for what I want out of a mustang. Only problem is I would actually be looking at a 15/16 for price.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

As others have said a test drive of each is needed, they have very different interiors and drive quite different despite having the same drivetrains.
    Not quite an apples to apples comparison it I have an 05 gt (same chassis and suspension as the 11-14) and have an 18 eco boost as a daily.
    As a daily driver the new chassis wins, as a weekend toy the older car feels more muscle car to me (newer is more refined sports car to me) most of the time driving the eco I don’t even think of it as a mustang but a 2 dr fusion, not sure how an extra 100hp would change that though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    As others have said a test drive of each is needed, they have very different interiors and drive quite different despite having the same drivetrains.
    Not quite an apples to apples comparison it I have an 05 gt (same chassis and suspension as the 11-14) and have an 18 eco boost as a daily.
    As a daily driver the new chassis wins, as a weekend toy the older car feels more muscle car to me (newer is more refined sports car to me) most of the time driving the eco I don’t even think of it as a mustang but a 2 dr fusion, not sure how an extra 100hp would change that though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    True about the refined sports car my Gt feels foxlike compared to the 16 , you feel like ur going faster than you are in the 06 GT

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

2013-2014 or 2015+ GT?

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    True about the refined sports car my Gt feels foxlike compared to the 16 , you feel like ur going faster than you are in the 06 GT
    At least u feel like you going fast- some just feel damn slowwwwww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver