Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Undecided

Undecided

So I would like the new GT500 (who wouldn't) but availability, cost etc could take it way out of reach.

The local dealer has a new 2017 GT350 for $67,900 --- salesman indicated they may go a little less.
    The fit and finish had some issue for a car with a sticker of $81,000.....but it could still be a steal...sort of.

They also have a used 2018 GT350R with 500kms for $97,100

Allowing for one year newer that's a huge difference. Is the R that much more desirable?
    Is all the weight reduction that important? I have tracked my current 05, but is it too much for mainly street use?

Totally undecided....and maybe dreaming.

Wow - that's a tough call I have to agree with you on fit and finish that's an important aspect for me and probably the first consideration - I didn't give it much thought with my s550 chase it was about one third of the cost - if you can afford it I would wait the 2020 could be the end of an era not for the mustang but for engineering - personally I really like the looks of the 2020. But this car is out of my wheel house. The 2017 aren't going anywhere I I would bet some dealers somewhere will still have new 2017's on a lot somewhere in north america in 2020...tough decision I would love to see you get a 2020 I think it may be a n important car in history.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Mustang Occasionally
    R.

My son has a 350 with recaros & track pack its quite the car , sounds like the R with the res delete lol
    I’m not up to specs on all the differences between the 2 other than the carbon fibre wheels . I think he based his decision on buying a loaded GT then wanting to mod it vs the 350 . That’s pretty exciting good luck .

A GT 350 would be my choice for sure. An R is nice but the only difference is lack of rear seats, carbon fibre rear spoiler and rims and some red badging. Is it worth the extra 28,000? Unless you buying it as an investment that would be different.

If it's going to be a summer DD, you would likely be happier with a GT with performance pack rather than a GT350. The GT350 5.2 is lacking in lower end grunt compared to the 5.0, something you notice when just slogging around town.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Gears will fix that lol

And a supercharger lol.

What about a happy medium, going with a 2019 Bullitt?

I agree strongly with Ed. Only get the 350 if you are going to track it. Otherwise, get a GT.

If you get the R, get a set of street wheels and save the lightweight wheels for the track.
    -Don____________