Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Ford Trademarks "Mustang Mach-E" Name (and new Pony Badge)

Ford Trademarks "Mustang Mach-E" Name (and new Pony Badge)

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...-badge.119967/

While much of the hype surrounding Ford’s electrified future involves the brand’s upcoming “Mustang inspired” crossover EV, due in 2020, there are other models that stand to gain an (albeit milder) electric boost. The F-150 and Mustang, to name a couple.

Ford’s long-running pony car is expected to gain a hybrid variant sometime in 2020, and a new trademark filing sheds light on what name we might expect to see adorning the Stang’s flanks.

According to allfordmustangs.com, Ford recently filed a trademark application for the “Mustang Mach-E” name with the European Intellectual Property Office. This piggybacks on last year’s European and American filings for the “Mach-E” name.

While the blue oval brand has been loathe to share many details on the hybrid Mustang, a patent uncovered earlier this year point to the possibility of a hybridized V8 pony car that catapults power and fuel economy over the existing Mustang GT. Then again, maybe a smaller Ecoboost motor would suffice. Who knows?

One thing’s for sure: Ford probably isn’t trademarking a Mustang Mach-E nameplate (and corresponding badge) to leave it sitting around. Given the time gap in “Mach-E” and “Mustang Mach-E” trademarks, it’s looking like Ford plans to go the Audi route with its electrified vehicle naming strategy. If it’s true that the Mustang-inspired electric crossover will carry the Mach-E name, then the moniker’s use on the Mustang points to it becoming a sub-brand, much like Audi’s e-tron and Mercedes-Benz’s EQ.

The Mustang’s future at Flat Rock Assembly is hazy, but a source with knowledge of Ford’s product plans tells us the model will soldier on with its current platform when a revamped Stang appears for the 2023 model year. Past rumors claimed that Ford might switch the model to its modular CD6 platform, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

As for the expected hybrid version, there’s no word from our source on when that model will arrive. All Ford has said is that the model will appear in 2020, presumably for the 2021 model year.

And things just continue to get interesting.
    Now it's not "Do you think..." it's a question of when?

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Is there a way of pronouncing Mach-E that doesn't sound like "mocky"?
    It's a really terrible name for anything.
    -Don____________

55 HD
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Is there a way of pronouncing Mach-E that doesn't sound like "mocky"?
    It's a really terrible name for anything.
    Agree Don. maybe should have been E Mach

stangstevers
    I love the idea of a Tesla killing all electric Mustang more than a hybrid. But regardless the nameplate I'd do is simply eGT, GTE, ZE (zero emissions), or Electrocutioner lol

I hope they don't come up with a stupid SUV with the Mustang name plate. They can use Bronco or bring back F100 or F50 or Ranchero or CrownVic or Fairlane or Galaxy...

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I love the idea of a Tesla killing all electric Mustang more than a hybrid. But regardless the nameplate I'd do is simply eGT, GTE, ZE (zero emissions), or Electrocutioner lol

I hope they don't come up with a stupid SUV with the Mustang name plate. They can use Bronco or bring back F100 or F50 or Ranchero or CrownVic or Fairlane or Galaxy...
    On my commute last Friday i came across a Model S - first one for me ever with a driver in it - for some reason traffic was light on the 410 and he wanted to play - we manage to get to 140 but couldn't really have too much fun because traffic - we parted ways on Hwy 10 up in Caledon. It was a surprise challenge as i usually have to ward off mazda 3 - old guys in suv like Rondeveous an oil winstar once and anything with a fart can exhuast...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

stangstevers
    The P100D is much faster than our Mustangs (unless we do serious work)... I think those electrics are in the mid 10 second range on the 1/4 mile.

Off my meds again
    I'd rather see the name plate die than be sullied by making it a faggy electric or hybrid.

stangstevers
    Lol electric motors will always be better than gas engines. Since most of your power is wasted on heat. Energy storage is what's faggy right now. But if I was allowed to I'd have a 800hp / 1500ft-lb motor in my fox for a little more than a proper supercharged Coyote swap.

I like electrics for the simplicity and stupid amount of power. I don't think they are the solution to pollution nor do I really accept the mainstream "climate change" BS that the UN has been selling since the 70's.