Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Upgrade Q

Brake Upgrade Q

Well, thrown some miles on the old girl this weekend and boy it sure feels faster than I recall. Also feels wayyyyyyy less safe (perhaps I was bravery in my youth).

NEED to upgrade the factory stopping power from its current aged blank rotors and centric pads (shutup). Was going to go with some new Brembo blanks and Hawk pads but wondering if the Cobra front conversion is worth the cost. LMR sell the front conversion for $500 usd ($5000 cdn) where as a good pad and rotor setup is around half that.

Not sure I'm going to be doing any track days in the immediate future but want it to feel more capable slowing from highway speeds. Already did a full line flush with fresh fluid as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Night and day different when I upgraded the GT brakes to the Cobra brakes.

-Don____________

I got some factory Ford rotors and pads from fastEd a couple of years ago (to replace the BAER rotors above) that work really well on the street.

edit: double post
    -Don____________

Cobra stuff would be well worth it. I used OEM pads and rotors for the street, OEM rotors and Hawk HP+ on the track front and rear.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    The OEM Ford Brembo rotors and Motorcraft pads that Don got are still available. The pads would be $95 + HST, rotors are $160 each + HST. Rotors are nice quality made in Italy Brembos that come with a coating on the non-machined surfaces. For calipers, the new OEM ones are discontinued, and no remans available from Ford. NAPA / CARQUEST / Parts Source / Rock Auto would be your best bet for those likely, unless you find someone selling a good used pair.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Highly recommend the ford brembo rotors. They take a lot of abuse
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post
    The OEM Ford Brembo rotors and Motorcraft pads that Don got are still available. The pads would be $95 + HST, rotors are $160 each + HST. Rotors are nice quality made in Italy Brembos that come with a coating on the non-machined surfaces. For calipers, the new OEM ones are discontinued, and no remans available from Ford. NAPA / CARQUEST / Parts Source / Rock Auto would be your best bet for those likely, unless you find someone selling a good used pair.
    Those are 03/04 Cobra rotors and pads?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Yes, OEM Ford made by Brembo rotors which are the same for 99-04 Cobra, 03-04 Mach I, and 01 Bullitt … those cars all had the same 13" front brakes. Pads are Ford's Motorcraft replacement line which fit all of the 94-04 cars with the 13" brakes.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

I got my calipers through American Muscle and they are Powerstop. Very affordable.

IMO, a better braking setup with a 2 piston caliper/ 13inch rotor setup, Look into the Corvette C5/C6 Z51/Z06 calipers/brackets (PBR).
    Larger caliper/pad and uses the entire rotor face. Uses the Cobra 13inch rotor.

BAER sold this as a kit a few years ago.
    Slight modification required to the spindle when using the GM brackets (goodluck trying to find the BAER brackets).