Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Question

Insurance Question

Not about me, my next door neighbour got into an accident on the DVP not her fault, the insurance decided to repair the vehicle to the tune of $30,000 , they said the vehicle was worth $46,000 to replace and it was their option to have it repaired, I think I would have fought this, the resale value of a vehicle with that kind of claim , is near zero as far as I'm concerned ! It's too late now as it has been repaired.
    BTW ~ it is a 2017 Hyundai Tucson with 35,000 KMS on it !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

went down thins road with out truck. insurance don't care and once they decide there is no way to convince otherwise, I did do some reading about people being successful at getting the insurance to cover loss of value but it requires some big dollars in court and proof of the loss value to get them to pay

Would seem to be too late now and should have been challenged before the repairs. Two options as I see it. Dump it now and take a probable loss or drive it into the ground.

Edit - and change insurance provider.
    ~Scott B

Three options: you forgot "crash it a second time", and see what value the insurance company puts on it then. Bet it's less than $46,000.
    -Don____________

Drive it till the wheels fall off is probably the best option.

At $30k in damages... what was left of the car?
    '88 LX

Sounds like what happened in this case anyways , her insurance has the 2 year replacement clause in it, & since it was less than 2 years old, rather than them forking out $46 K(replacement) they got away with $30 K + they do not have to insure the new one for another 2 years for replacement cost again ? Welcome to no fault insurance !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Easy, body shop wanted the work and someone was convinced by whatever means to make it happen. Vehicle should have been toasted vs repaired and yes they are left with a vehicle with a hugely compromised trade in value.

mysteriously the vehicle might have a fire in its future

It's a Hyundai... Resale value is crap, accident or no accident. Only option is to drive it into the ground.

SanteFe / Tucson, super hard to find used unless mile'd out.