Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window tint ???

Window tint ???

Looking to get some windows tinted, but I have a question about the type of tint. The tint shop offers a carbon or a ceramic option. I've read the interweb posts, but would like to hear from someone in the know about the pros and cons of each. FWIW, The ceramic is $100.00 more than the carbon.

Not a tint expert but what I can tell you is S197 cars up to 07 I think have a tendency to scratch tint. Something to do with the window moulding / seal.

Upgrading to 08 weather stripping solves the problem.

My tint got scratched before I knew

I had my fronts tinted to match the rears of my ram and went with the ceramic option. After having regular tint on other cars I can say that the ceramic option is worth the money. Helps keep the heat down and doesn’t scratch as easily.
    '88 LX

I have formula one tint (by LLumar) on both of my SUVs (not sure what the Mustang has as it came tinted). Both SUVs tint seem more durable than the Mustang and the cars stay cooler. Had them done at Laser Tint in Woodbridge and they did great work. Also had my previous daily drivers done there and no complaints. These are ceramic tint.

FWIW, Formula One is the only film in North America to give you National Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty

http://www.lazertint.com/

https://northamerica.llumar.com/auto...le-window-tint
    FABMAN

Dude off Kijiji did the Ram, it's been mint ($100).

I have used auto links for tint, they also use the formula one line, if I remember correctly the advantages of ceramic are
    Highest heat and uv rejection (so you don’t have to go as dark)
    Doesn’t interfere with cell or gps signal
    Colour never changes over time

The next one down was a metallized film which could cause gps interference but with the advantage of being colour stable unlike a dyed film.

I’ve got it done in 3 cars now and always went ceramic for the heat/uv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick and Fab pretty well summed it up. Formula one tint by LLumar is one of the best ceramic tints from what I have read and been told by many friends and it is amazing on how it rejects heat in the summer. I am looking into this as well. Elite Tint in Woodbridge had amazing reviews and I checked them out personally. FX Auto is also amazing too but they are in Markham.

I had a local shop in Bolton do the tint on our new to us 2014 Fusion. I went with a 20% carbon tint. All four door glass, the rear window and these little side glass pieces for $250.00 all in. They use a plotter/cutter that cuts the film to the exact size so the fit was spot on. So far, very please with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    I have formula one tint (by LLumar) on both of my SUVs (not sure what the Mustang has as it came tinted). Both SUVs tint seem more durable than the Mustang and the cars stay cooler. Had them done at Laser Tint in Woodbridge and they did great work. Also had my previous daily drivers done there and no complaints. These are ceramic tint.

FWIW, Formula One is the only film in North America to give you National Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty

http://www.lazertint.com/

https://northamerica.llumar.com/auto...le-window-tint
    Gonna try them also referred 2 co-workers since it’s by our shop

Spectre
    I have llumar ceramic also. Done by FX Auto and Tint in Markham. They are great and I always get my cars tinted there.