Thought I would share this story with other F150 owners and I’ll try and sum it up quickly.

Received a recall for a sensor for my 2012 F150 5L with 170kms on the clock. The truck was running fine but it recently started leaking a little coolant in the driveway overnight.

Booked the appointment at Fraser Ford for the recall and got quoted $305 tax in for spark plugs which I thought was a good time to do them at a reasonable price.
I thought about doing them myself but for that price I thought I would leave it to the qualified Ford technicians after viewing how many things could go wrong if I did it.

After researching the coolant leak I was convinced it was the common O ring failure located in the rad hose.
So I also asked Ford to price me the O ring part and install.

I dropped the truck off and couple hours later they called me and said they did a pressure test on the coolant system and diagnosed the problem as NOT the O ring but stated a new thermostat, rad hose and T connector was required and with a coolant flush and service I was looking at nearly $1000 plus tax for that and the price for plugs was incorrect and was actually $305 plus tax.
Also it was $60 to pressure test the system.

Needless to say I lost my mind....and said I never asked for a coolant diagnostic and refused to pay the $60 and for them not to proceed at all with the coolant issue and I would repair it myself.
I argued the $50 tax for the plugs but he simply said it was a misunderstanding and the price was $350.

Next....about 2hrs later service guy calls me back and says the mechanic broke two bolts that hold the coils down and now one new valve cover was required and 2.5hrs to change it and I was looking at an additional $800 plus tax.
I advised him that the truck was not there for a valve cover and the problem wasn’t mine because they have experienced qualified technicians.
This argument went on for sometime and eventually I went directly to the dealership manager with it.
The end result was I got the new valve cover, bolts and spark plugs for $640 total tax in.
Which I wasn’t happy about but content you can say cause I didn’t feel I got totally ripped off.

The following day I went back into Fraser Ford and purchased the O ring with the part number I provided for $8 followed by a trip to Carquest for 2 jugs of Ford approved 50/50 coolant for $40.

It honestly took me 15mins to change this O ring and the issue is 100% repaired and hasn’t leaked a drop of coolant since.

I waited a couple days just to make sure everything was good and I contacted Ford and you better believe I left my negative feedback. In terms of money back they said the dealers were privately owned and each was responsible for reimbursement. I feel I exhausted that one out at the time and I would only be wasting my time.

Hope this helps others on here cause I know many others own F150s.

Part number for that O ring is BC3Z-8590-F and many vids can be found on U tube regarding the simple install of it.