Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent experience at the dealer in my F150

got to cover overhead.. lol

people tell me all the time I charge too much. ($80 for the service call includes travel and diagnostic, and a buck a min to install the part, most are 10 15 min tops)

I tell them I charge less than a mechanic and they make you bring the car to them. lol

If I’m not mistaken I think the service manager said their labour rate was $139 per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    It will be the same thing after 2-3 years buy a Tundra if you want to buy a truck that will last and not built cheap. Ford, GMC or Dodge all great trucks to lease for 2 years imo.
    I would have agreed with you a few years ago with Toyota production, but from my personal experience with our 2nd Rav I think they are sliding big time
    Maybe the Tundras are still ok idk man , just got a call from dealership trying to sell me a repair that I have under extended warranty, pissed , we read the agreement together and he acknowledged it was covered .
    To add to my rant ,I go in there the other day and find the same service advisor that turned me off Macalpine Ford , bad move on Toyota’s part.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    If I’m not mistaken I think the service manager said their labour rate was $139 per hour.
    damn.

I think what missy needs is a black Srt Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    As for ridiculously expensive repairs, on way home from knee surgery...
    What’s the labour rate on that?
    -Don____________

Those coil bolts are 5mm with a 8mm socket head. I broke 4 on my own truck. Luckily was able to take the time and remove the broken bolt. The kind of time needed to remove the broken bolts doesn't exist at a dealer. I blame the flat rate system and dealership mentality. Tech gets payed more to replace the valve cover than to explain to the customer that he may be able to remove a broken bolt in a metal insert pressed into a plastic valve cover. Would hate to spend the time to remove 3 bolts only to have the 4th one tear the insert out of the plastic.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

I was taught that same lesson years ago. A buddy that was a tech at a dealer was changing the pads and rotors on my 98 Tacoma. @ 180,000km and 5 year old truck first set.
    He had a bitch of a time getting the pads out of the caliper or freeing up the caliper. Any how he spent a bit of time and got everything working. He said at work if it was being that much of a pain. They would jus cut them off and customer would get new lines calipers and rotors done. More money for him and the dealer and less time dicking around with rusted junk.

Can’t say I blame him.

Next time call me..lol
    2003 Azure Mach 1.....with some bolt on's.....
    2003 Marauder.....with some bolt on's....
    2011 GT500......with some bolt on's.......
    82 GT, Coyote, build in play.......

there is a thing with a lot of customers. not sure what you would call it but if you take time fighting with old part then charge a bunch of labor to cover the time the customer usual tends to be more upset than if you just replace the part. not sure if its a perspective thing. but some people don't get that sometimes rust and old parts is a HUGE pain. so they cant in their head justify extra labor for something only held on by a couple of bolts. vs something just being broke and needing to be replaced.

in my experience you dick around with a bad part. spend the extra time get it to work, then a few weeks later the part dicks up again, now the customer is demanding you fix it properly and they don't want to pay a thing for it.