Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent experience at the dealer in my F150

No doubt, sometimes job takes a turn the customer would prefer it didn't and cost goes up accordingly. If said turn is because of the job itself (seized bolt / damage beyond what initial inspection revealed), well thats life. Guess where I take issue, those that take advantage just because they can.

Very true. Gives the rest of us repair guys a bad name

Surely does.

Question about the role of service advisors...do they get a % of billable customers & less for warranty customers ? I think Toyota hired both dufus’s from Ford , I will never go back to Newmarket Toyota. Cars been there since Monday under ECP warranty work & buddy says no loaner car since it’s only a 3hr book rate on repair ....but they’ve had the thing taken apart since Monday waiting for parts wtf !

Some advisors get a % of CP labor/parts sold and then a dollar amount per CSI survey returned over say 90% or greater as a score. They also get bonused on Selling Extended Warranties/Snow tires etc....dealers all have there own pay scale to front line staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    It will be the same thing after 2-3 years buy a Tundra if you want to buy a truck that will last and not built cheap. Ford, GMC or Dodge all great trucks to lease for 2 years imo.
    Same reason I went with the Titan. After having serveral Nissan NV commercial vans they are just built better and have less stupid issues. Hoping the Titan is the same.
    Doing my part to boost the economy

Quote Originally Posted by Hotford View Post
    Next time call me..lol
    I would have but I’m still waiting for a response from a text I sent you in February...lol.

The truck was already going to be at Ford and for $305 tax in....I thought that was reasonable.

On a more positive note the truck is getting better fuel mileage now.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 04-19-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontariomystic View Post
    Same reason I went with the Titan. After having serveral Nissan NV commercial vans they are just built better and have less stupid issues. Hoping the Titan is the same.
    So far so good with the Frontier. Only issue so far: one blown rear shock. No recalls.
    And way cheaper than the Toyota. Not saying the Taco isn’t a good truck, just saying it wasn’t as good value.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    So far so good with the Frontier. Only issue so far: one blown rear shock. No recalls.
    And way cheaper than the Toyota. Not saying the Taco isn’t a good truck, just saying it wasn’t as good value.
    Tried sitting in back seat of a Taco....? Is Frontier a little more roomier ...sorry for de-rail

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What’s the labour rate on that?
    Exactly......I do get losing your mind over someone trying to rip you off, but you are the same dudes that just "take" whatever mortgage rate the monkey in the branch decides to give you without escalating it to head office too, which means even at an extra 10-20 bps you're paying tens of thousands more over the life of your mortgage and blissfully ignorant to it.

it's only because you're car guys that you know what it takes and want to save money. The average non-car guy household just pays the $1500 and moves on.

Work on all the other stuff that drains your wallet too, not just the extra .5 labor for guys that likely make less than you anyway.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph