Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 2019 GT for me

F1Fan
    Mustang4, are they the leather heated/cooled seats? It’s really strange but I swear they are softer. I know for sure the head rest is 100% softer. Meaning I’m 100% sure of it. It’s day and night and I have even seen YouTube reviews where it’s mentioned.
    Anyway, it’s not the end of the world. Not like I want to return it ‘cause the bolsters are softer. It’s still an awesome ride. But it’s one of those things where I just need to know. If I could though, I would swap the seat.

Congratulations on the new ride and blue is the way to go. As for your seats, I personally find the standard leather seats a bit soft for my liking. Oddly the cloth seats are a tad firmer. The Recaros are definitely my personal choice.

F1Fan
    Hi Scrape. I remember sitting in the Recaro’s back in 2017. Your right, I did find them to be firmer. But the factory leather seats were not that much softer that I wanted to give up the heating/cooling features. Knowing I would not be doing any track events I was more than happy with the “regular” factory equipment.
    Now, the wife always tells me I over analyze things and let stuff get into my head, but I’m sure the 2017 seats were firmer.
    It’s like Ford was thinking , “well if they want an automatic transmission they probably want everything easier and more comfortable, so let’s soften up the buckets!”

Congrats and welcome. Pics would be nice too.

LOL! I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
    Hi Scrape. I remember sitting in the Recaro’s back in 2017. Your right, I did find them to be firmer. But the factory leather seats were not that much softer that I wanted to give up the heating/cooling features. Knowing I would not be doing any track events I was more than happy with the “regular” factory equipment.
    Now, the wife always tells me I over analyze things and let stuff get into my head, but I’m sure the 2017 seats were firmer.
    It’s like Ford was thinking , “well if they want an automatic transmission they probably want everything easier and more comfortable, so let’s soften up the buckets!”

Quote Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
    Mustang4, are they the leather heated/cooled seats? It’s really strange but I swear they are softer. I know for sure the head rest is 100% softer. Meaning I’m 100% sure of it. It’s day and night and I have even seen YouTube reviews where it’s mentioned.
    Anyway, it’s not the end of the world. Not like I want to return it ‘cause the bolsters are softer. It’s still an awesome ride. But it’s one of those things where I just need to know. If I could though, I would swap the seat.
    No they are the cloth ones. Will be covered in Katskin leather a little later.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Had some seat time in recaros, I think I gotta lose some weight

F1Fan
    Did some “sporting” driving today as Ford calls it. The seats in the 2017 definitely held a bit better. Too bad.
    But I did get into the sport and sport plus modes and the paddle shifters. That MORE than makes up for the soggy seats. And I thought I loved the manual transmission!!

That 10 speed transmission is phenomenal. I need to compare it to my DCT.