Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2019 GT for me

F1Fan

New 2019 GT for me

Im not a very active poster but I thought I might like to ask a question about my brand new Velocity Blue GT Premium.

I needed to trade my manual trans. 2017 GT in for an automatic transmission version. Seems my left foot does not play well with the clutch peddle. Age and years working on concrete floors really sucks! And I will miss the shifter. But I got a great trade in value due to there only being 13,000km on my old car and lucked into the new GT Premium in a color I really love, and pretty much every bell and whistle to be had. Much more than the 2017 had in it. So far I am loving this new beast, with the 10 speed automatic, the digital dash, the variable exhaust notes, and more. Maybe even more than the 2017.

Except ONE thing. And I'm not sure if its my imagination or not....I don't really think so....but did Ford SOFTEN up the leather seats for the 2019? Did they soften them up for the auto trans. version? I know for sure the head rest is much softer, which I actually prefer. It doesn't smack me in the back of my head going over bumps. But I feel that the side bolsters of the seats are quite a bit softer and don't hold in corners as much. Even the seat cushion itself seems softer.

Has anyone else who made that sort of swap noticed this?

But not a deal breaker. I'm really rather happy with everything else about it.

Congrats on the car

Sorry, I have no comments on the seats, but congrats on the new ride and welcome to team blue.

Sorry, can't answer your question, but congrats on the new ride.
    ~Scott B

Congratulations on the new Mustang, but sorry I can't comment on seats!

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Oh and that colour is flippin hawt too ...

F1Fan
    Ya, that color blew me away. The ‘17 was the metallic Oxford White, which was nice enough. Specially in the sun light, but back then I really wanted the Grabber Blue but they were all gone when I was shopping.
    But this Velocity Blue is SO cool. Very happy!

Congrats man that's fantastic...i don't have the leather in my 2018 but do find the seats firm and conforming but i come from many cars with bench seats lol so anything feels conforming...cant say about the headrest poor posture so my seat is almost reclined never feel the head rest...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

^^ you got the low rider lean going on

Congrats on the car. I have a 2018 GT and the find my bolsters nice and firm but I don’t have a comparison to say if they’re softer. I also have 10 speed automatic.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue