Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Floor Heating...

Club Supporter
    In floor radiant electric is going to be expensive to run. Delivery fees for electricity in the boonies are higher as well, so that makes it even harder to swallow.
    Like you I use an outdoor wood furnace. Hot water radiant heat is pretty hard to beat.
    You might want to check out Northern Stoker wood furnaces, out of Sunderland. He has an auto feed option for pellets, sawdust etc.
    We have a propane furnace for backup. When it fires up I can practically see the dollar signs spinning in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Electric product is available from Watts Radiant that allows one to design for enough BTU per square foot to be the sole source of heat. It’s called Warmwire.
    http://media.wattswater.com/download/ES-WR-WarmWire.pdf
    Thanks for sharing this link I will look into that - I worked in a warehouse for several years that had a radiant floor over 80,000 sq' ft. An it was always warm in there - I'm thinking combined with wood it will be OK - because we have dogs I'm thinking of natural stone food as the dogs weren't too kind to the fresh hardwood I put in the basement.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Some interesting products in their lineup but not sure if it would be applicable to your set up https://napoleonheatingandcooling.co...ation-furnace/
    Those at pretty cool I'm going to check into that we've been thinking of replacing the air tight inserts too much to think about when all I really want to do is make cars and bikes lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Didn’t realize propane was that $$ I better take this stuff into consideration when I’m looking in remote pastures

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Didn’t realize propane was that $$ I better take this stuff into consideration when I’m looking in remote pastures
    I get a lot of confliction there - not reading good reviews with the big companies like Sparlings and Superior - I really hate dealing with large companies that kinda have you by the balls - I have to look into propane more as I'm a little Leary of tank rentals and maintenance on the tanks - I imagine they fall under the same regulations as BBQ tanks -
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd