Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

View Poll Results: What approach should be taken?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell as-is, don't risk putting more money into it. Sell it for lower or mid-range.

11 73.33%
  • Repaint and finish the project - it should be in the 20's once done.

1 6.67%
  • Fix the leak and do 3.73's to make it a great buy, leave the paint alone. Sell it for upper range.

3 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do with the notch

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    My 79 is factory 302/with 345 my 90 was a 302 with factory 355 - I would think with the addition of the 5spd and taller tire 16" the rear gearing was bumped to 355 - four cylinder rear end may be 273 as it was a completely different transmission in 79 - 81 anyway but I think it was also 345 to make it feel as this it had power lol
    Your 90 would not have been 3.55 from the factory, all 87-93 Mustang 5.0 had 2.73 or 3.08 as a no-cost option. It did not change with the 16" in 1991 since the overall tire diameter was the same. If you get the axle code from the door VIN and info decal you can verify what it was originally.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for. The hard part is to find someone who can math and is reasonable to negotiate with in good terms. Foxes are ridiculous these days, 10 grand doesn't get you much unless you spend a lot of time searching and visiting crap boxes all over the GTA.
    Well it’s the spring and this is the time so you should easily get $16,000 then.

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Your 90 would not have been 3.55 from the factory, all 87-93 Mustang 5.0 had 2.73 or 3.08 as a no-cost option. It did not change with the 16" in 1991 since the overall tire diameter was the same. If you get the axle code from the door VIN and info decal you can verify what it was originally.

cheers
    Ed
    My 91 5L was 3.08 with the 5 spd, as per the door tag. Upgraded it later with a 3.55 Ford Racing.

I think you should sell it as is, since you're tired of working on them anyway. Just highlight the best elements of it.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Jump it over Snake River Canyon.

Do whatever makes most fiscal sense. You're already over invested in it, if the touches/fixes will net you more than the cost to perform (has not happened ever with modifications I think), do that. If not just move it along as is unless there's some real deep seated need to "see the project through". Personally wouldn't touch painting a car I plan to sell, the headache of dealing with a body shop, coupled with the time it takes to complete (which you're still paying insurance during) all to get it back then start the sale process. No thanks....TBH sounds like as much as you're "set" on moving it, sounds like there's a hope that once the project is done maybe you'd end up wanting to keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

stangstevers
    yeah thanks everyone for putting some common sense in me.

I've been bad at selling off my inventory because of everything that's going on I didn't have time to deal with nickle and dime stuff. I think I will post the notch up for sale @ 17k and see what happens I do have a serious bite on the car right now so let's see what happens maybe I won't have to post it after all. It's not a "going broke" sale and I have more than enough room for it but do want to get out of the hobby. I may even have sold my website.

I'm going to move my crap into the garage, I'd rather do a bulk deal even if it costs me more than individual. I got more schooling coming up and the MBA stuff is taking a lot of time as well.