Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A stupid question

Car is similar to mine. Rear spoiler is securely attached. Still why not pay for someone to wash by hand. Always afraid of getting some sort of marks that I have to take off.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

stangstevers
    Washing the car is about the only thing I still enjoy with the hobby. A few beers (assuming you're not driving right after), some sun and fresh air...

(albeit, gotta be careful, you could get a DUI for washing a car whilst drinking).

You car is looks awesome in velocity blue!
    FABMAN

Auto Car wash of any description and your pride n joy summer ride to me is a problem looking for a place to happen. Hand wash or nothin!!!

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

A stupid question

Agree with ZR
    Those soft cloth invites paint swirls, and once it goes in you’ll be spending time doing some paint correction much sooner eventually.
    If you are pressed for time sometimes- touchless, when you have some time wash it at the bay ( bring your wash mitts) do it by hand.
    I think RAY721 (thread)had an unfortunate experience with a soft cloth place that claimed it doesn’t scratch, but it’s up to you I’ve never took a chance on those soft cloth so maybe it doesn’t cause swirls.

Beautiful Stang congrats !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

F1Fan
    Thanks everyone for the compliments.
    Yes , maybe I will look into the other options they have at Auto Spa. Unfortunately in my 50’s I have all sorts of energy to drive it but not to wash it.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

A stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
    Thanks everyone for the compliments.
    Yes , maybe I will look into the other options they have at Auto Spa. Unfortunately in my 50’s I have all sorts of energy to drive it but not to wash it.
    Yup me too ( don’t have the patience or time anymore, I rather drive)and mine is black too.
    I have an auto spa here in Burlington too i’ve run the Mazda through the automated but honestly no way I would run my stang through - those cloth bang the car pretty good and that last huge turn thing near the wheels wells towards the end - ouch. Those exotics ( rare) that I do see go through- well they probably have spare dough for someone to do paint correction anyway lol. It’s funny I never see the manager/ owner run his new c63s through it( he lives nearby)
    I just use the bay but instead of using the brush they have I use my mitts- I do the whole car for $6 usually. $3 let time run run don’t add coins, another $3 for any additional soaping then rise it. If there’s no one waiting just dry her in there too.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

F1Fan
    I did take my 2017 through a few times and I saw no damage. But who knows over time.
    Ya, the Burlington place is the same as the one here in mississauga

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Yup me too ( don’t have the patience or time anymore, I rather drive)and mine is black too.
    I have an auto spa here in Burlington too i’ve run the Mazda through the automated but honestly no way I would run my stang through - those cloth bang the car pretty good and that last huge turn thing near the wheels wells towards the end - ouch. Those exotics ( rare) that I do see go through- well they probably have spare dough for someone to do paint correction anyway lol. It’s funny I never see the manager/ owner run his new c63s through it( he lives nearby)
    I just use the bay but instead of using the brush they have I use my mitts- I do the whole car for $6 usually. $3 let time run run don’t add coins, another $3 for any additional soaping then rise it. If there’s no one waiting just dry her in there too.

My two girls like to help me and when their done I have to do it's over again...lol boy do they get insulted so I have to wait until their not looking.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

love the colour!!

as for soft cloth:
    • If you like swirls and holograms on that beautiful colour then you are good to go!
    • If you want a deep slick look and feel.... then NO! Nothing should touch the paint!

If you have to, always touch the paint with the fattest softest microfiber you can find
    https://www.autogeek.net/mfchart.html

When hot babes in bikinis wanna a selfie with your car and they lean on it or touch the paint... you have to be firm but polite... "please, don't touch the paint"

BTW This happens to me all the time, it can get annoying!! Just this past Saturday at Costco in fact, while I was buying 200 rolls of toilet paper and a 5kg jar of Nutella and this happens:

Then again at the park??

And I get really upset from all the scratches when they climb on the hood:

In the end it comes down to your preference.

Cheers
    Last edited by Styrofoam04; 04-25-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    Joel,