Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Foxbody steering wheel removal for an 1989????

Foxbody steering wheel removal for an 1989????

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows if the steering wheel removal is similar to the 1986 steering wheel removal. On YouTube, there is a video for the 1986 GT and for the 1990 to 1993 but nothing for the 1989.. I have the steering wheel and would rather put it on myself as opposed to having someone else put it on. I know the GT it is a simple turn and twist so wondering if it is the same deal?

Thanks,

K.B

Pull the horn pad off, undo the retaining bolt ... may be easier with an impact since they are very tight and have thread locking compound from the factory. Then start yanking! But put the bolt back in a few threads first in case the wheel is stuck to the steering shaft, so that you don't get smashed in the face when it does break loose.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by kbbroiler View Post
    Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows if the steering wheel removal is similar to the 1986 steering wheel removal. On YouTube, there is a video for the 1986 GT and for the 1990 to 1993 but nothing for the 1989.. I have the steering wheel and would rather put it on myself as opposed to having someone else put it on. I know the GT it is a simple turn and twist so wondering if it is the same deal?

Thanks,

K.B
    I don't believed the 89 had an air bag so I would think it is similar to the 86 - 1990 had an air bag first year I believe...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    But put the bolt back in a few threads first in case the wheel is stuck to the steering shaft, so that you don't get smashed in the face when it does break loose.

cheers
    Ed
    I could have used that advice a few years ago...LOL!