Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  446
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Ah wth what’s it worth 06 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    When building one, option is 3:21 or 3:92 but I'm also seeing some inventory trucks with 3:55. I don't get it, how?

Just wondering if 3:21 is enough for some "fun" booting around, no plans to tow anything.
    3.21 and 3.92 are the rear gear options with the 8spd. 3.55 is the option for the 6spd which is still found in some classics.

Personally having owned the 8spd and the 6spd, I'd say get the 8spd all day. Smooth, great highway mileage, and reliable.

Also my 5.7 Sport has 3.92s, shes faster off the line than anything that size should be. Also need 3.92 for max tow, so if you plan on a trailer above 7900lbs you need that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Man...if this was 2 years from now it would be sold!!

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    3.21 and 3.92 are the rear gear options with the 8spd. 3.55 is the option for the 6spd which is still found in some classics.
    Thank you! Makes total sense, seeing as to why 3:55 are not an option as the 6spd is not available anymore.

Personally think they missed the boat not offering 3:55 with 8spd.

I agree, 3:55 would've hit the sweet spot. My old Dakota had 3:55 gears and that was with a 5spd and 31" tires. I found performance and mileage to be a perfect balance.

You know I say that but a year ago, hooked on a 22' steel enclosed trailer, loaded car and packed truck full of gear for Mosport, truck pulled it like a rock star. Did it have the flexibility you'd want for a trip through the mountains or similar, hell no but for the terrain I was tugging it through, had lots of grunt to spare. Open alum trailer with Gary's GT on board motoring north to drop off, pretty sure it hovered in the 16ltr/100 range. Trip back with Merkur on the deck, dropped to 15.

What style you need to get into to get a little nicer interior finishings ? I guess they still have old stock on 6 speeds in 19 classics .

Hey paisano thinks u need to go back to work ! too much time on u'r hands = $$$ on toys ! ENJOY !

I found the range between options ordered with certain trim levels varied huge between dealers. Several times thought I'd found what I was looking for only to see dealer opted for Laramie but without all the toys you'd expect to see. Common to see advertised as totally jammed but none of the higher end options like NAV with premium sound + sub plus heated / cooled seats etc. I was also looking for bucket / console only and hoped to find with no sunroof. Of course my largest wish was for anything but black again, top of the list, white or silver but the Pearl Black with silver two tone has really grown on me.
    Ghostrider was good enough to shoot me a link where you can decode options via vin number. Saved me getting to yet another dealer and finding truck was not what I was looking for.
    Killed me not buying a Ford, know for sure I could have bought it over the phone from Bill with none of the endless hassles I found dealing elsewhere.

Like this in a crew w/sunroof