Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Please dumb down TV's for me.

Please dumb down TV's for me.

Just finished my basement and going to buy a TV. I haven't bought a new TV in a while and the options are plentiful.

The TV is going to be used to stream Netflix, IPTV, Amazon Prime and sports. I have hardwired for ethernet. I don't know what options fit best. What exactly is a smart TV? What is Roku? It's not likely going to be the entertainment centre in the house.

Simplified Coles notes version would be greatly appreciated.

Just buy the biggest TV you can afford and don't worry about all those extras you may never use.

Roku, is another form of the Android box and it can be built into a TV and used to watch IPTV, a smart TV is one that can connect to the internet so you can play apps or stream movies/TV shows.

IMO, Samsung, Sony and LG are my go to sets, good luck with your find and don't put much thought into it cuz in a year from now you won't care what the TV set has only that it works.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

If you are a Costco member they have a pretty good selection and pricing, also I think they double the 1 year manufactures warranty. I bought a 4K TV there for my sister-in-law a couple years ago and it was $150 less than the same model at Best Buy and other stores.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Costco is where we bought our last tv.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Thanks guys. I was at Costco earlier today and they so many choices that I really didn't know where to start. Other than knowing what size I wanted, I was just not in the mood to read all the whatnows on the boxes.

Most Costco's have real good guys that will steer you in to the best tv for you.
    Last black Friday sale in London north, guy took about 15 minutes to help us buy the right one for our living room.
    Told us how to take our other tv's and move to other rooms and use Firesticks to repurpose them.
    Smart tv i good.

Really depends on what you expect from a tv. If you are looking for the highest tv image with fastest Picture response...go for an LG OLED. If you don’t care...any Of the 4K Lg or Samsung With smart capabilities will work great.
    The bigger you go..the more you should pay attention to pic quality.
    Just waiting for this crap to be over so we can travel again

Club Supporter
    Panasonic OLED is going to be my choice later this year - don't like the Samsung/LG brands. Do they still listen/watch/record you via their smart TVs?