Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Mustang Colors Of All Time

Top 10 Mustang Colors Of All Time

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resource...mustang-colors

What makes the Ford Mustang a car we all know and love comes down to multiple factors. First, the rumbling V8 under the hood is one key factor that makes America’s pony car one of the most loved since the introduction of the first Mustang in April of 1964. The engine tied in with the perfect exhaust note allows Mustang enthusiasts to know which generation a Mustang is before the car even comes around the corner.
    That’s not even the best part! The exhaust note will get anyone’s attention cruising around town, but tie that in with a head-turning color and you’ve got a serious attention-grabber. From the classic and well-known Poppy Red and Wimbledon White to today’s Gotta Have It Green and Competition Orange, the Mustang has seen hundreds of different colors available in the 50+ years it has been ruling the streets. Check out some of the top colors that your friends here at CJ’s love to see on the Ford Mustang!
    Poppy Red

Classic. That is the word that people think of when they see a Poppy Red Mustang. It’s true that from day one, Mustang fans have loved a vibrant color painted on the body of their pony car, and that statement lives true to this day with similar colors like Race Red, Torch Red and many others.

Azure Blue

Unique to the 2003 and 2004 Mach 1, Azure Blue is popular not only because it’s a beautiful, stunning color on the New Edge Mustang, but also because Ford pushed this color a lot in their advertising. Don’t worry though, the Mach 1 wore Azure Blue very well, among a few other special colors like Oxford White, Competition Orange, Zinc Yellow and more!

Gotta Have It Green

Here at CJ’s, we have a special affinity for Gotta Have It Green. Our Gotta Have It Project Cars, Gotta Have It Street and Gotta Have It Race were two matching 2013 GTs dressed in that bright, highlighter green we all know and love as Gotta Have It Green. Seen from a mile away, you won’t mistake Gotta Have It Green for any other color on the Mustang!

Lava Red

Lava Red is a unique color when it comes to the typical bright and vibrant colors you find on America’s pony car. Almost appearing as a black in darker lights, this unique shade of red features a deep, dark red flake under sunlight that is not only hard to photograph, but a rare and underrated color until seen in person.

Emberglo

Another iconic color for the classic Mustang, Emberglo is seen on many of the early model Mustangs that frequent the larger Mustang shows around the country. Not as popular of a color today due to the changing tastes of society as a whole, Emberglo finds a special place in our heart for the epitome of the 1960s behind the wheel of a Ford Mustang.

Ford Grabber Colors

It simply wouldn’t be fair to list out every single Grabber color from Ford as an individual color on this list; considering there are five different variations! Grabber Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow and Lime all scream at witnesses as you drive down the street. One could say that it grabs your attention! Many of the Grabber colors are featured on both classic and late model Mustangs.

Competition Orange

To date, this color has only been offered on four model years for the Mustang: 2003, 2012, 2015 & 2016. Competition Orange was only available in 2004 for the SN95/New Edge Mustang, making it a very special color and sought after for that body style. In 2012, Competition Orange was offered again, but only as a special color for the Boss 302. After finally listening to everything screaming for “Comp Orange” as some call it, Ford debuted the S550 in 2015 with the standard offering of Competition Orange across all models.

Kona Blue

Offered originally in 2010-2012 as a standard color across all models, Kona Blue really wasn’t missed until 2013 when they replaced it with Deep Impact Blue which features more of a purple hue. In 2015, Ford had debuted the special 50th Anniversary Mustang with the option of Kona Blue, truly a classy and unique shade of blue.

Mystic & Mystichrome

There are some Mustang fans out there that would consider Mystic and Mystichrome to be the best color out there available for the Mustang. Some may agree or disagree, but both colors are definitely extremely unique and sought after among many enthusiasts. These colors feature the addition of a special pigment in the paint which allows for a color shifting appearance as light bounces off the surface. Again, photos truly don’t capture the cool-factor when it comes to both Mystic (available on 1996 SVT Cobras) and Mystichrome (available on 2004 SVT Cobras).

Wimbledon White

There is nothing more suitable than wrapping up this Top 10 with what some may argue as the most classic and iconic color for the Mustang: Wimbledon White. Featured on a host of Mustangs from most early model Mustangs to the 50th Anniversary Mustang in 2015, Wimbledon White is truly a representative color what the Ford Mustang has embodied over these past 50+ years.

Comp Orange Cobra FTW!!!!

I prefer "any color so long as it is black" as Henry once said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I obviously have a soft spot for Gotta Have It Green.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Comp Orange Cobra FTW!!!!
    This, on a Mach 1 of course. I may be a little biased though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Now I know why I get so many looks at my car while out cruising, Kona Blue FTW.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Always a fan of the Kona Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    Now I know why I get so many looks at my car while out cruising, Kona Blue FTW.
    Lou, it could be the hairdo and the stereo blasting those oldskool dance tunes...LOL. Love the Kona Blue also. Too bad it wasn't around in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Lou, it could be the hairdo and the stereo blasting those oldskool dance tunes...LOL. Love the Kona Blue also. Too bad it wasn't around in the 80's.
    Ya Luigi got that travolta Sat night fever look , white suit , tassels on the shoes
    That’s why he got out of the vert the guy draws too much attn

Just playing Lou , I might have hair envy

Lightning Blue gets my vote.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue