Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Insurance Question

Insurance Question

Blew out the rear window of the vert, my fault, had a clip on the top of the rear seat to hold a blanket on for the dog, and it caught while letting the top down, BOOM , shattered rear window, insured with Lant (Hagerty) , reading the policy it says no deductible for glass ? looks like its not going to be cheap ? if I cannot find a used one, $400 give or take for a new glass + install etc = ?? guess it will be close to a grand by the time a shop gets finished with it !
    Question, will they raise my rates for being an idiot ! LOL , anyone ever claimed glass on your policy , or should I bit the bullet and pay out of pocket ?

BTW ~ been with Lant 15+ years now , never had a claim !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

I pay out of pocket for anything under 5k.

55 HD
    Agree with above. Pay out of pocket for this small claim. In most insurance instances a claim is a claim (flag) on your policy, amounts paid out by them really doesn't change your record. JMO

Frequency of claims is very real.

Honestly do put it through insurance. Really not worth it in the end as they will find a way to get it back.
    FABMAN