Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canadian Tire Tech takes Customer Car for Joy Ride

Same happened several years ago when I had front on my first Cobra blown in at a local body shop. Recorded mileage when I dropped off, oddly enough, additional mileage matched up exactly to a trip up and down a dead end road around the corner, one riddled with fresh burn out marks. Of course manager stood by 1. something kms was due to running in and out of the shop. It's little wonder so many stress out over leaving even their daily drivers, let alone summer toy in the hands of anyone.

Reminds me of this Cobra abuse from way back. This was an SVT Dealer tech. If I remember correctly he also lost his job. Idiots.

http://forums.mustangworks.com/f17/w...34/index2.html

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Similar thing happened to a member on here with his DD Mercedes - at the MB dealer in Oakville.
    Might be from the dealer in Mississauga- went through the drive thru at Wendy’s. I had to deal with that one in my previous roll at MB .....

stangstevers
    Am I the only one that thinks it's not "that" bad. He didn't do a bunch of burnouts and pickup hookers along the way or do a cocaine run in it... He did break the law to the point of getting the car impounded though, not saying he did right but I've seen much worse than this ride.

I think these cars have a valet mode so the owner could have used that to limit the car to 50kmh or something? I wouldn't hand in my Mustang without ensuring the garage can't really do much with it (mykey thing?).

The car has no valet mode. But still all it had done was swap tires. Why would he have to take it for a spin? My F'in dealer makes a note before I sign that they will disconnect my dashcamera. Now that they friggen scratched my rim I am going to hold them accountable to this. I feel bad for the guy.

I hate losers like this. They can’t have a car like that but think it’s okay to thrash on someone else’s ride, not cool. I had that happen to my previous Mustang at a Richmond Hill Ford dealer when it was in for service. When I complained about the mileage they gave some bs story but I knew someone at the dealer who told me they took it for a joyride.

Happiest day ever was when Rick (ZR) started doing my mechanical work. Stress levels went way down.
    FABMAN