Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Fender rolling.

Grebnitty

Fender rolling.

Hi team. I went for a test drive in a 2019 Subaru Wrx Sti today. I asked them about a trade in and the manager and sales person were looking inside my fenders because I told them it was lowered. When I asked them why they were looking there, they told me that were checking to see if the fenders were rolled. I have never heard of this before. Has anyone ever heard of fender rolling?

Fender rolling is very common on lowered cars, if done properly there is no reason it would detract from value; but some incorrectly there is often distortion, warping and cracked paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grebnitty
    But if I lowered my car and didn't do fender rolling, the car should be ok? Or is there somewhere I should be checking for wear/damage? Thanks.

The reason for fender rolling is to fit wider tires without having the fender cut the tire. So your car should be fine

As stated it’s really only needed for fitting wider tires, and yes, if done properly there’s no worry, but many, many cars are not done properly since it’s a very tough, and time-consuming process to do. I’m quite surprised they would even check though, but many buyers don’t want a car with rolled or trimmed fenders, so maybe they’re just being overly thorough, or maybe they bought a car with rolled fenders and lost on it?