Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gazebo questions

stangstevers

gazebo questions

EDIT: I mean gazebo!

So I'm asking for opinions on gazebos... I'm allowed up to 12x14 in size so long as it's not a "permanent structure" defined as needing foundation, attached to the house or a roof I can't take off (so fabric and clear plastic panels I can easily remove is fine).

My deck is 13.5x14.5, I was thinking of making a fancy awning (not attached to the house - gable using timber framed trusses that would be about 14ft x 4ft with overhang and using clear plastic roof panels). And a 10x12 "temp" structure out of fabric... Or a simple 12x14 gazebo to cover everything (mostly).

But I want this gazebo to not fly away even at 120kmh winds, the strongest I've read was about 65mph which is pretty short of my 74mph requirement. Most of these kits don't come with that sort of information.

We have one of the store bought ones.
    To avoid it blowing away I used PL premium and glued steel dumbbells to the bottom of the poles. They were painted with a textured finish the matched the structure and no one has ever noticed them unless pointed out

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If your township allows them as a non permanent securement, use Helical Screw Piles.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

stangstevers
    The columns will be bolted to the deck framing, it won't go anywhere, just probably break/bend before it ends up in the neighbour's yard (panels may blow off though). The township is ok with the metal structure staying but the roof needs to be able to come off.

Never understood the why gazebos can’t be permanent. It’s safer for everyone.
    '88 LX

lows and home depot had a coupe of nice wood ones this year. all pre cut and drilled and looked to be cheaper than the cost to build on from "scratch"

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Never understood the why gazebos can’t be permanent. It’s safer for everyone.
    Unless "shed of doom" guy makes it permanent lol

I have a thin metal frame Chinese structure with a canvas type roof and it has been screwed to the deck for years - the high commander has replaced the canopy a few times and she removes the canopy in the winter - I don't know what's he's gonna do when my replacement Mitch moves out with his own high commander - could be a cat fight.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I have a cedar gazebo on my deck , cedar shakes outlasted the builder shingles , about 18 yrs still holding up good. 12x12

I thought this thread was about perogies? Damn, I need new readers.