Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Ford M-2300-k with R58/M179's on a 1990 fox

Ford M-2300-k with R58/M179's on a 1990 fox

Okay so I have the Ford M-2300-k brake kit on my 1990 gt and wa wondering if this combo rubbed the front control arm at full lock when lowered 1.5inches. Also, if anyone can teach me, why would Ford go with different offsets/backspacing with the rear M179's and not just use the R58 on the rear as well?

Reason I'm asking is Im looking for new wheels and am basing my sizes off of what Ford recommended for the M-2300-K kit... the R58/M179 combo they use to sell.

Any info is appreciated! Im looking at 17x9 RPF1's as my first choice.

Offsets are different because the front track is only being increased slightly with the SN95 spindles, but the rear axles are 3/4" longer per side. Whether or not it rubs is going to depend on tire size chosen too. Chances are you'll have to add some extra steering rack limiter washers.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Thanks Ed, that totally makes sense with the offsets. I was hoping to go 255/40's all around...

Mine rubbed with 245 45 17 until I put on some extra steering rack limiter washers as Ed mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by juvehab View Post
    Mine rubbed with 245 45 17 until I put on some extra steering rack limiter washers as Ed mentioned.
    Damn, I was hoping it wouldnt rub. I guess a 9" wheel and stock controls arms are always gonna rub. How many rack limiters did you add per side? How badly did it effect the turning radius?