Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: F---ing insurance

stangstevers

F---ing insurance

Ok, it's not an important car to me but there is no policy that requires the repair shop to use OE parts. So if I get into a fender bender in my Mustang, I'll end up with poorly fitting panels, leaking headlights because they bought shit from China instead of Ford parts... WTF is this? So some moron not only causes me to sit in a collision center for hours, go back and forth with insurance idiots... I get my car rebuilt with shit parts? So I'd have to pay out of pocket to get my car back to factory spec? The irony is, install a quality aftermarket part like max motorsports and insurance will cut you off and pay nothing... yet they are ok with chinese made shit with shit welds and poor quality materials. Fuck my life

I will certainly use a lawyer if someone crashes into my Mustang and sue the shit out of the bad driver and insurance co.

Sorry to hear man. I hope this helps but what I did in the past is I tell the insurance that I want only OEM parts only on my car. I would mention that if it came down to it I would pay the difference.

When my Lightning got rear ended I insisted on a new tailgate from Ford and they did it.

When I got rear ended in my fusion while waiting for light turn green. They told me only able replace with aftermarket as insurance not cover OEM parts. I instead got them straighten reused original parts...and beings happened in US on vacation I am almost 2 years waiting get deductible back...they have police report...they assured me last week I will get my $1000 back soon...

My insurance company told us that they deal only in OE parts.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Some damage was done to our 2019 Ford F-250 Larriat. When going for estimates, each body shop said that they can only use OEM parts. Thus a $3500 repair bill for one fender.
    Our insurance company said the same thing. On a current model vehicle OEM only
    1971 Avanti II,
    '89 Coupe, , 22 Bronco sport
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, , 96 Mustang GT vert