Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maverick Exhaust opinions

Maverick Exhaust opinions

Planning the exhaust for the maverick.
    Trying to decide on a setup.

I was given a set of shorty headers with the car but I may go with long tubes
    I’m thinking 2.5” all the way back

Now trying to decide between

SLP loudmouth lm1’s
    Spintechs
    Borla ATK
    Flowmaster

Looking for something deep and throaty without the dreaded drone.

I have cruise YouTube but can’t tell the drone levels in the car

Also H pipe or X pipe

Stainless or aluminized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stainless

H -pipe

Straight Thru muffler.

H-pipe will be deeper, as will long tubes, lm1s will be more raspy than the others, and flows will drone. My choice would be spintechs, but Borla are a great option as well. If the car will see rain and sits outside, stainless, if it’s a nice-day car, aluminized is fine

Any thoughts on Magnaflow? Straight thru muffler, excellent sound, no drone, comes in only Stainless Steel and not expensive.

Zoomies that exit right behind the front tires.

Is anyone here running spintechs ? If so how are drone levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old school sound, H pipe with old skool turbo mufflers = done n done.

Okay so first off there is no such thing as LM 1's lol, sorry, had to say it...pet peeve I have, just like people calling the gt390 from the movie bullitt a "bullitt" LOL

Okay, on to the helpful stuff (maybe)

Yes Spintech will drone just like flows, that's not to say that they don't sound great though, drone less...maybe slightly? But they are still technically a "chambered" muff, however a little different than say 40 series flows as they have "walls" in side to make up the chambers as opposed to coils basically...or "Spin Traps" as they call them so the air flow is definitely different...

I've never tried them personally but there is a muff called Aerochambers that are not supposed to drone or if so, very little...I knew a couple guys in the past that had tried them...I think they are a little quieter perhaps though? maybe something to check into (if they still even make them)

Another good option for no drone is 10 series Flows (1 Chambers) They sound fucking great!! depends on how loud you are wanting though overall

Loudmouth:
    Very loud, no drone, can be raspy with X pipe, however long tube heads refines this, but does not make it any quieter LOL With an H pipe, they are much deeper, a completely different sound, I have one of each on both Mach's and the sounds are night and day as far as being different but both sound great in each way as well, just depends on what your preference is

Loudmouth II:
    No Drone. These are still a straight thru muffs but they are packed. These are very similar to Magnapacks by Magnaflow if you've every heard them but the LM II sound better IMO...I have a set of these as well, they are much quieter than the original LM's though

hope this helps a little...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Okay so first off there is no such thing as LM 1's lol, sorry, had to say it...pet peeve I have...
    There was no such thing until the LM2s came out, then Loudmouths became LM1s to pretty much everyone, to avoid confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    There was no such thing until the LM2s came out, then Loudmouths became LM1s to pretty much everyone, to avoid confusion
    Show me on their site where it says Loudmouth 1?