Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: school me on hawt tubs

stangstevers

school me on hawt tubs

Those that have one...

Looks like most models are 220v no-gass but look pretty efficient. I'm thinking about a swimspa actually but wife doesn't like the cost so much. We are pretty much decided on not having a pool so I figure we could "invest" in something else that's more relaxing for adults.

I had one. Lots of work, lots of maintenance. $100/month for electrical charges. The first two years we kept it going in the winter. However, the run back to the house in the middle of winter was rather... bracing, shall we say, so by the third winter we shut it down. After the fifth year, we never started it back up.

Unless you keep it going all winter, you also have the expense of opening and closing every winter and spring, on top of maintenance, electricity and chemicals. . You can try doing it yourself, but closing in particular is critical. Use a pro.
    I had an in ground swimming pool for two houses, then the spa. Now I have a 400 foot wide pond in my backyard. I'd rather have a pool.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Hot tub, TOO HOT!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=USHPc90MPl8

I have a tub and I found its better to run it year round (I use more in winter). Shut it down 1 year and had pump problems (Thanks Newmare) when fired if back up. Running in summer your not heating it as hot. Cost is 2-3 $ per day in hydro + chems and water. After a while novelty wears off to be honest.

stangstevers
    I think we're the type of weirdos that would leverage the tub a lot. Especially during summer's like this.

First 1-3 yrs great fun lots of wine & I liked my Caesar’s....oh and the hot tub was ok

I wanna get rid of it now but it’s been 5 yrs roughly, gotta play chemist , mrs will likely not help with that stuff.

If ur looking to spice up ur marriage it can be fun at a cost of a tub

Stephen06GT

I remember that one .......CLASSIC!!!

One of the reasons we bought this house was because it has a Hot Tub which my wife uses and still does all year round and after 6 years of living here so it hasn't warn off on her.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

We've had our Coleman (maax spa) 460 since 2006. Seats 4 adults comfortably and has plenty of jets. Was not cheap...we paid over $9K all in for it. We looked at beachcomber and arctic spas as well. Initially we used it rear round, but now fall, winter and spring, and empty it over the summer. Didn't find it as enjoyable in the summer..

It's been very reliable, save an initial issue with the underwater lights. I've replaced a heater and had one of the two pumps rebuilt. Not bad for 12 yrs of use....and still going.

Winters are harder on the hydro of course, I estimate it adds an additional $40-$50 month during the cold weather months...running @ 102-103 degrees. Maintenance of the tub has been pretty easy, and we use a product called SPA Marvel which is more natural/healthy treatment. Get the pool test strips and check the water for PH and chlorine levels and add product as needed. A lot comes down to how much/how many use it.

If you get one, definitely locate it close to the house so you can enter/exit without getting too cold and/or have to clear a long path of snow to get to it. Also, most spa retailers will allow you to actually take a "test dip" in the spa.

We love our hot tub! We bought it a year ago March. It was a floor model that they wanted to clear. All in it would have cost $17000 but we got all the extras including delivery(hour away) for $9700 taxes in. We got it from Oakville Home Leisure. Great guys to deal with. They deal in Beachcomber products which are made in Canada. I have not heard anything negative about these tubs. We know a few people that own them and no complaints. They are super efficient too. Hardly noticed the difference in hydro and I use it a lot (at least twice a week). Built in Canada for Canadian winters. I dump 1/2 a lid of bromine in every 2 days and no issues and in my opinion very cheap.