Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
Yes I’m aware of that. But my point is when you bore out and engine, you’re taking material from the cylinder walls, making them thinner, in order to make the cylinder bigger-the problem is, factory blocks don’t have enough material to spare to safely go from a 4.6 to a 5.0, the walls will be too thin after machining-especially for a boosted/nitrous engine.
Basically, if you want a 5.0, you’ll need an aftermarket block since they have thicker walls to stand up to more abuse and overboring.
To be honest it sounds like you don’t really know what you want or why, but you’re listening to someone else who isn’t the one spending the cash, so it’s very easy for him to say do this or that. Basically if he knows about 4.6 engines he would have told you you’ll need an aftermarket block to safely get a to a 5.0, and really, even when you get to a 5.0, nobody will know for sure that you have a 5.0 except the machinist and engine builder. If you just want forged internals to add boost you’d be better off leaving it a 4.6, and buying forged parts, or you could do as I suggested and buy a terminator 4.6 dohc engine, which is forged from the factory. At least if you get a termi engine it will look way better than your current one when you pop the hood.
You make it sound so easy to source a terminator engine lol

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk