Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driveway Sealing

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Ah I dunno.. there’s only so much you can do with asphalt before it needs to be redone
    oh for sure that why I never bother with mine cuz its too far gone (though dirty old bastard has done a job at leaking a lot of shit in one spot that's probably fairly well sealed lol) I usually see 2 types of guys doing the work. one dumps a bucket and rolls it out done in 15 min. the other seals cleans and seals cracks before sealing. if your spending the money I'd find the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    I don’t like the pro ones cause it’s all shiny when done.

Ya not a fan of that shiny stuff . Idk if it’s bs but I’ve been told not to seal asphalt

A contractor who did some concrete work and repaved my fathers driveway said driveway sealing is a waste of money and didn't recommend doing it.

Mustang Occasionally
    I wouldn’t do it on a newer one. But for one that’s at its life’s end, I don’t think it matters. It’s just a way to spruce it up a bit.

There is no benefit as far as extending the life of the driveway. It just makes your tired old driveway look new again.
    It can only do so much. But the best way to do it is the airport grade thick stuff from Depot with a roller.
    And don’t be cheap. Lay her on thick and fill the cracks, your putting lipstick on a pig so go thick.
    The “pros” have to dilute it to run it through their sprayer there for its more or less just black paint that will wear off in a year or less. Some are better than others but very few will roll it out thick.
    It cost me double to do it myself but it was a thick rubberized coating that held up better than any of the spray on pro jobs around here.

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    A contractor who did some concrete work and repaved my fathers driveway said driveway sealing is a waste of money and didn't recommend doing it.
    Thanks for that. Your post had me google search. This was my first hit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bbd9bff3ef35