Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Anyone know a good paint shop?

Blk91notch

Anyone know a good paint shop?

Just getting a rough idea on how much and where abouts to get my notch painted. When I bought the car it had its second coat of black paint but was a really rough job sadly... and im looking to paint it Deep Emerald Green. Appreciate the info all thanks.

All depends on what you want done and there are no more $2500.00 paint jobs. If the current paint is "rough" as you say it will certainly require a lot of prep work or may even require stripping. The fact you want to change colour will also add to the equation which will require the removal of parts (nose clip, lights, fenders, trim, quarter glass and doors) if you want a nice job. I bet you will be at least in to the job for $7000.00 - $8000.00.

You can save yourself some money if you remove the parts and put it back together yourself.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Blk91notch
    Yeah I was planning on stripping apart the car myself to save some money just dont feel comfortable with any body / prep work. I was thinking in the neighbourhood of 5,000 so 7-8 I guess would make sense. Thanks chinga

I could tell you who not to go to.... Lol

I tried the cheaper route, ended up having to strip the car to bare metal because of bad paint and prep work. I removed all the trim etc and stripped it to bare metal myself (took me about a month with paint stripper) and had it resprayed and it cost me $5000+ lucky for me the car was rust free and only had one small dent to work out.

Blk91notch
    Damn! Yeah I just wanna do it right the first time. Im comfortable removing the bumpers and the quarter windows and trims bits. I just dont feel comfortable with sanding and paint work lol but I have heard a lot of horror stories of paint work. Thanks usawit2 btw your car looks great!

I can highly recommend Steve at Paint A Car on Lenworth in SE Mississauga. They have ‘real’ paint and body people.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 06-28-2019 at 06:32 PM.

m2m
    Try Bruce. ZR had some work done and recommend him to me. His work is awesome! 905.802.2408 on Safari RD on hwy 6.

I've had work done by Bruce several times, top notch each and every time with never a worry about leaving my car there.

Blk91notch
    Awesome thanks all for the input really appreciate it!