Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  92
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toxix Detailing - Foxbody Factory 25+ Year Old Paint Brought Back To Life

Toxix Detailing - Foxbody Factory 25+ Year Old Paint Brought Back To Life

Hi all,

I know I've been absent for a bit but I'm back and ready to put some more time into posting and contributing to this club. Detailing has now become a full time gig for me and is the only job I have; Working with a very small, handpicked team.

Funny story behind this Fox, we met this potential client (Simon) at the DaSilva Racing Sick Kids show in 2018. He spotted one of our client's 1971 Corvettes that we cut, polished and Ceramic Coated and he inquired about who did the detailing work on the vehicle.

After the introduction was made Simon spoke with us regarding his vehicle, he had already taken it to two detailing shops as well as 2 bodyshops for a quote on getting his paint looking brand new.
    Naturally, the bodyshop told Simon that the only way to get this car looking good again is to have the entire vehicle repainted for approximately $8500.

The two detail shops he took it to turned away the work as the paint was dated + single stange paint which a good number of shops will not touch or even look at due to risk, burning, heat issues.

Spent about 10 minutes looking at the vehicle, assured him that we could fix it and get it looking new. He was very skeptical given the experience he had with the 2 bodyshops + 2 other detailers.

Offered to complete a test spot on his vehicle.
    This part is pretty important, anytime you're doubting work when it comes to detailing, cutting and polishing, take the time to ask your detailer for a test spot where you can see what you're paying for and decide whether the outcome is worth it.

Sure a test spot takes time, product, material, etc but atleast you'll get an idea of the finished result. Any good detailer when taking on an extensive job should offer this at minimal cost or at no charge.

What should be completed in a test spot:
    > Pick an area, a very contaminated, scratched, high defect area
    > Tape off the area, 2x2 size works
    > Explain the outcome to the customer the risk involved, the potential outcome and how one area once corrected and completed can look different from the other area
    > Wash the taped area, claybar, iron decon if needed, compound, polish, panel prep, coat, wax or seal the area
    > Pull tape off clean off any residue and present the work to the client

After completing the free test spot for Simon and his brother they were both immediately sold on the work. So we booked the car in.

Pictures and more details below:
    As you can see from afar the vehicle looks pretty good close, once we put our Scangrip light and inspect the paint it shows a whole different story.

Enough talk and text, time for some pics!

THE WASH
    The Decon Wash + Clay: Decontamination, degreasing and stripping of previous sprays, waxes and sealants. Two bucket system and only the finest microfiber wash pads. Followed by every exterior painted surface + glass + lights being clayed. Once washed, clayed and dried we tape up the high risk areas that can't come in touch with any abrasives

PAINT INSPECTION:
    Using our bodyshop lights we take a close look at the conditon of the paint. 25+ years of damage, UV damage, oxidization, swirls and scratches. Reminder, nothing has been repainted on this vehicle, everything is factory single stage paint here and when red paint gets oxidized it goes pink!

Paint Correction:
    Heavy cutting agents with a heavy cutting pad while keeping an eye on heat as well as cutting. Tonnes of pads were sacrificed in this job:

Smaller Nooks and Crannies get a different level of correction:

Compound and polish being buffed off:

We lost a lot of good pads out there, yep thats all paint tranfer

Once all the correction is done its time to lock it in and protect the paint. We went with Feynlabs Ceramic Plus 5 Year Ceramic Coating for Certified and trained installers only:

FINISHED AND FINAL SHOTS

Mustang Occasionally
    Looks fantastic.

And now I’m tired from even imagining the work that went into this.

Off the charts results, nice.

BLING ~ BLING !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Wowzers, very impressive work and results!
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Looking good Elton.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Impressive work, great job

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

stangstevers
    Nice work! Hey if you want to post this on the foxstang site, let me know... I can link to your business site if you want from it...

Absolutely stunning!!

Amazing result from lots of hard work!