Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTO Looking to bump fees again!

Angry MTO Looking to bump fees again!

Just rec'd an email from The Canadian Taxpayers Federation delivering the news below. Immediately sent an email to Doug Ford and Caroline Mulroney as well as signed the petition.

If you're like me and fed up with the constant hikes for no better service......use the link below to add your name to the petition and consider emailing Ford and Mulroney; doug@ontariopc.com and minister.mto@ontario.ca
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Supporter,

The Ontario government is trying to increase driver and vehicle fees in this province again and we need your help to stop it.

The cost to renew a licence plate sticker in Ontario was $74 in 2012. Now it’s $120. And it’s not like service is any better.

As if that wasn’t enough, the government is now proposing to increase the cost to $132.

It’s not just licence plate stickers that are about to get more expensive; all ministry of transportation services – across the board – are set to increase on July 1, 2019, from driver’s licence renewals to vehicle permits.

Our services from the ministry of transportation have not increased 62% since 2012 and our fees should not have either. And these fees definitely should not be going up now.

Help us send a strong message. Premier Doug Ford said he’d make life more affordable. We need to remind him Ontarians are sick of skyrocketing driver and vehicle fees.

Please click here to sign our PETITION to stop the proposed increase to driver and vehicle fees in Ontario (or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.taxpayer.com/resource-centre/petitions/petition?tpContentId=207

Thank you for your support! Together, we can hold the government to its promise to restore respect for taxpayers in this province.

Jasmine, Todd, Shannon and the entire CTF team

PS: We’re launching an ad campaign to put even more pressure on the government to stop the fee hikes. If you’d like to support us to strengthen that campaign, you can donate here: https://www.taxpayer.com/donate

Share this message on: Twitter Facebook Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus Instapaper

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Forward to a friend

Know someone who would like to be on our email list? Copy and send them this link to join now: https://taxpayer.com/join-us/

Did you get this email forwarded to you from a friend? Start getting these emails directly in your inbox. Sign-up for free at: www.taxpayer.com/join-us/

Off my meds again
    I thought this BS was done. Apparently Duhgy Ford needs more money to make booze easier to get.

I regret ever voting PC, and it's a mistake I won't make again.

Surprised, nope, disappointed I was right about fee's going back up after the honeymoon, absolutely.

I could see costs being greatly reduced through efficiency and accountability.

^Lmao. Good one Rick!

Idea makes so much sense, not a chance it'll happen.

This will be a 2% hike every year for the next 5 years, which is a drop in the bucket. This province is buried in a shit load of debt.

stangstevers
    Once I find a job that doesn't require so much commute, I will boil down to a single car (plus the fox).

Ontario may be almost bankrupted (dunno, didn't look at the finances to come to my own conclusion) but you have to admit Ford isn't the right person for the job. I think it's the rich old religious conservative freaks that made him Premier instead of the more qualified candidates. It's too bad wynne was so corrupted (and also not qualified as she used sex to get elected) and didn't get the boot before the election and it's also too bad trudeau was in power as we can't afford double dipping from two liberal governments.

stangstevers
    BTW, service ontario is privatized. Beer store cashiers are probably making more money than the chick behind the counter at SO... (?).

The issue with government is that it's a top-heavy organization much like old family ran businesses. If you voted for me, I'd hire Deloitte or something to review current-state for most processes and design a to-be state which would most likely involve removing "red-tape" to avoid the need for government branches, find ways to automate (provide self-serve opportunities) and where we can't - make sure there are more service employees than management.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Idea makes so much sense, not a chance it'll happen.
    I think that is what they are attempting. but the problem is there is no media coverage as to why certain things are being cut. they just list the cuts and cry foul.

an example of this is the forestry Ontario stuff. media says they cut funding because the don't care about climate change, but forestry Ontario was failing to do its job of planting trees, and instead was using taxpayer money to lobby infavor of other liberal governments around Canada. so cutting it is trimming the fat and forcing accountability. the problem is no one knows.

Ide be very interested in a proper interview where ford and his team break down what was cut and why. imo it would help them because I have a feeling the forestry Ontario thing is a good example of why the liberals were doing in office and is a lot more widespread than anyone in the public realizes.

I mean look hat the stink the unions are putting gup over "educations cuts" but the stats show that education funding was actually increased last year. we are not getting the full story on things. and I almost think that the Ford government knew that no matter what they did this 4 years they were going to be a one term government if they made just one single cut. if it were me id go full bore the first year or two, cut as much as I absolutely could to rid the waste. and then spend the next 2 years truing to rebuild with the hopes that people see the change and realize it was needed.