Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTO Looking to bump fees again!

No one complained when the fees stayed the same for 15 years
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

A lot of crying over an increase of $2.40 per year over 5 years.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

stangstevers
    That's over 10 buckabeers

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Sounds good in concept. How do you motivate lazy, inept, overpaid, government workers with plump benefit packages to give a shit. Privatization of selected services come to mind.
    You start firing (or retiring) them and bring in fresh blood at reasonable wages for the work being done. It's called reform, and that's exactly what we need....in quite a few areas, if the Province (and even our Country) want to turn the debt issue around. And.....Reward management and workers for being financially prudent. And I don't mean with bigger salaries.....

The easy solution (for government) is to simply raise fees/taxes. The problem is...it doesn't address the underlying issues as you note.

I think Ford is trying to reduce waste/needless spending, but not sure how deeply they are considering all the government departments spending....yet.

But MTO/Service Ontario needs to go under the microscope in my opinion, cuts made/wasteful spending identified and eliminated....before they go hiking fees yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    I thought this BS was done. Apparently Duhgy Ford needs more money to make booze easier to get.

I regret ever voting PC, and it's a mistake I won't make again.
    Because the Liberals had been masterful in the handling of our affairs here in Ontario. A vote for the NDP would be an absolute shit show and even worse with their "Free shit for all" mantra.

It is so easy for the mob to be happy when spending money we don't have with no plans of paying it back but when people try to reel in the spending are vilified. This will pass but there will be some pain involved before things get better.

Quote Originally Posted by R3troGT View Post
    No one complained when the fees stayed the same for 15 years
    what 15 years?
    we've seen steady increases over the last 15 years! double almost!

Sept. 1, 2011 - $74
    Sept. 1, 2012 - $82
    Sept. 1, 2013 - $90
    Sept. 1, 2014 - $98
    Sept. 1, 2015 - $108
    Sept. 1, 2016 - $120

The money from sticker renewal fees goes into general revenues, which support all government investment, including transportation infrastructure.
    nothing but an additional tax. NOTHING to do with better roads.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
    A lot of crying over an increase of $2.40 per year over 5 years.
    It's death by a thousand cuts.....and the argument I'd make is the 62% hike since 2012.

My thought is....make cuts before you start hiking fees yet again. No question Ford has his work cut out for him and will face a lot of opposition both inside and outside government, but I hope he sticks with the plan and gets the province financially sound before the next election....and have something to show for it.

Can't imagine what Ontario could do if it could cut back the current over $1M day in interest its paying on the debt......

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    It's death by a thousand cuts.....and the argument I'd make is the 62% hike since 2012.

My thought is....make cuts before you start hiking fees yet again. No question Ford has his work cut out for him and will face a lot of opposition both inside and outside government, but I hope he sticks with the plan and gets the province financially sound before the next election....and have something to show for it.

Can't imagine what Ontario could do if it could cut back the current over $1M day in interest its paying on the debt......
    I am only speaking to the current proposed rate hike for renewals. Where was all the kicking and stomping when we took it in the hoop from the Liberals on renewals for all those years?

Oh and the interest is approximately $1 Billion per month and not $1 Million per day. The Provincial debt is the 3rd largest line item in the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
    Where was all the kicking and stomping when we took it in the hoop from the Liberals on renewals for all those years?
    maybe you were under a rock?
    http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...hlight=sticker
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    LOL We changed the name to TMC-Wynne-Sucks-Club.ca for a while.